No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got in today two boxes of color slides.
    one box has family color slides with a lot of portraits with family members in luftwaffe uniform.. very nice and the second is a little mystery..
    the second is full with german agfacolor slides in german ayfra paper frames, showing a german business man in newyork city.
    The question is, is this before the war or after... im not really sure.. if this is after the war, then maybe the late 1940s.... ?

Any ideas guys.. before or after ?
    Thanks.
    Ian :-)

more of the newyork slides on my open blog page.
    http://pixpast.blogspot.de/2013/09/i...ter-world.html
    Attached Files

Comment

I would say after...Because of the Bus. I believe its a late 40's / early 50's type. Tom

Comment

i think your right tom ! some other chaps on pixpast said that the bus colours are definitly after the war.
        here is another one from this collection.. i know i focus on wartime color material but i have to say these 1950s color shots with the oldtimer cars.. they are also very charming... :-)
        Ian
        Attached Files

Comment

a nice new one from a small collection of 65 wartime color slides from a german wehrmacht cavelry officer in Frankfurt.

more from this new collection
          http://www.pixpast.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2036
          Attached Files
          Last edited by i.spring; 09-11-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
            i think your right tom ! some other chaps on pixpast said that the bus colours are definitly after the war.
            here is another one from this collection.. i know i focus on wartime color material but i have to say these 1950s color shots with the oldtimer cars.. they are also very charming... :-)
            Ian
            The green car is a 49 or so Packard. West Fifth St. & Cherry Street North intersection Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA.

1961 http://www.digitalforsyth.org/photos/10612

Last edited by mjfur; 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

fantastic !!
              thank you so so much for the information !!

Comment

from a set of amazing color slides showing a Luftwaffe Fiesler Storch unit that I have rediscovered in my collection and were never scanned before.

I just got the strange feeling I have seen this man before ??

any ideas guys ?
                Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

dedicating more and more time to scanning my collection in high quality and also making digital copy backups. It would be a sin if these amazing images would ever be destroyed or lost...

so the next 36 fresh high res scans from my 14th panzer division color slide collection.. I bought this grouping over 10 years ago and never enjoyed the rich colours and details like I am tonight. !! :-)

Ian

www.farbdias.com
                  Attached Files

Comment

from a new box of color slides in Friday :-)

ps. if anyone ever has any old color slides, please contact me, i am always super happy to add some new material to my collection :-)
                    ian.spring@gmail.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

some people have just told me this could be the centre of Stuttgard ? i was never there.. any ideas guys ?

Comment

Stuttgart was bombed FLAT by the allies. The palace and castle were rebuilt to old specs as I recall. Don't know about the rest of the city. Most of it looks pretty new.
                        Wilhelm

Comment

here is a new scan sheet from my 14th panzer division color slide collection.
                          Scanning and archiving every piece... step by step... :-)
                          Ian
                          Attached Files

Comment

The top pic on the left is Broad Street in Lower Manhattan. The building with the big Greek columns is the NY Stock Exchange. If you go to the end, it opens up to Wall Street. By and large looks exactly the same today.

On and off walked by this everyday for many years.

Cheers
                            Freiherr

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/gar...er/2276677962/
                            Last edited by Elwyn; 09-30-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Beautiful 14th Pz div slides Ian. Just great. Would love to see a few of those in close-up view if you ever had the extra time or would be willing to show them. Thanks for continuing this thread. The US pics are also very nice to see in color...

Comment

thanks guys for the warm feedback to my slides.. sometimes i find something for me is amazing and then zero response on the waf :-(

But i share your feeling. i always wanted some nice old color slides from new york. I was never there but just felt like it was a missing spot in the photo collection :-)

Also the 14th panzer division collection is really nice and one of the first groups I ever found :-) sadly the poor man only lived up to the end of 1941.. so his excellent photo career was cut tragically short..

I am planning on releasing more of my slides on a larger format with less obtrusive water marking in the near future !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X