Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom-in on the part-convertible top, personal vehicle in front of a very interesting building.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jwburchell; 12-12-2005, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jwburchell
        Here is a military vehicle showing only a partial side view (Kubelwagen, perhaps?)?
        Hello

The vehicle in your photo is a VW Kubelwagen Type 82.
        Here is a photo from the Oldtimer's site for comparism.

Cheers

Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

JW:

I am not certain how the photo appeared, but to me it seems to be a Taxi and after doing a lot of fiddling with my Photoshop software it looks to me like a Model A Ford which would be pretty rare in Germany at the time.

The diamond pattern along the middle of the sides of the vehicle was fairly common in many European countries at the time as was the "Landau" top which was essentially a system where the drivers position was open at the top, there was a solid portion and then a folding convertible top at the rear for the "paying passengers". The top for the driver was usually a sliding affair.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks for the vehicle ID, Larry; and for your comments, Bill...yes, an interesting vehicle and good suggeestion that it could be a taxi!

I also like the view of the building structure and the corridors of NSDAP flags on either side of it. I believe the photo to be one simply taken by a visitor or tourist at the time. Thanks to forum members, the location of this building (still standing) has been identified as Berlin. There is Latin script across the top of the structure which says:

"FRIDERICUS GUILELMUS III STUDIO ANTIQUITATIS OMNIGENAE ET ARTIUM LIBERALIUM MUSEUM CONSTITUIT MDCCCXXVIII"

As identified and translated by forum member Lisa:

"Friedrich Wilhelm III dedicated this museum to the study of all antiquity and liberal arts in 1828." It is Berlin. The Altes Museum in the Lustgarten.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Regards, and thanks to Lisa and Rexmundi,
            John
            Last edited by jwburchell; 12-13-2005, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Don't know about the car, but the garden is 'les jardins de luxembourg' in Paris
              Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
              Hi Bill , I found this photo from a Luftwaffe staffcar in the serie that I bought from the Tankwagen LG 3000 Kfz.384 , I think it is maybe usefull for your Thread.
              Is the car French?

Comment

smoke ejector?

Hello,
                Does anyone know the usage and type of this odd track?

Regards
                Haruki

Last edited by Torpedomaat; 05-29-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Hi Haruki

The exact same type of truck and hose pipe configuration and comments can be found in at www.wehrmacht-awards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103325&page=3 picture #37.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Larry

Comment

Thank you Larry

There is one other thing.

If anyone has information on this electric cart (E-Karren), please let me know.

The plate on the chassis says "BERGMANN".
                    Last edited by Torpedomaat; 07-08-2006, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Hello Torpedomaat:

Regarding your first photo, I have come to the personal conclusion that they are an apparatus for delousing the troops. Note the not too happy poses of the men in your photo.

Regarding the second, while I did find some Bergmann electric vehicle photos in my German catalogs, I did not find that exact one. However, I did find this Esslingen vehicle which for all practical purposes probably served the same role.

Hope this helps
                      Regards
                      bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

chinese puzzle

this does not really belong here but I am running out of forums to get an ID on this truck used by the Chinese forces to tow the Russian tank.

The body style is prototypically German but the wheels and what one can see of the doors and the bonnet/hood are to me quite distinctly American.

Any ideas???
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is on from the estand I picked up recently. It has tatra vt30 on the back but I can find no vt30 tatra just a t30.. Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike:
                            I will post a photo or two of these cars later tonight but to possibly answer your question I think the Polish word vojensky means military or army and the v could stand for that. The photos I have of army Tatras all use the term vojensky.
                            Vill

Comment

Ahhhhh, Makes very much sense. I had a feeling it had something to do with the military conotation. Shame the photo isn't clearer as it looks like the uniformed fellows are not Wehrmacht.

Thanks again Bill! Mike
                              Originally posted by Bill Murray
                              Hi Mike:
                              I will post a photo or two of these cars later tonight but to possibly answer your question I think the Polish word vojensky means military or army and the v could stand for that. The photos I have of army Tatras all use the term vojensky.
                              Vill

Comment

Here are a couple of the military version, one 1930 and one 1931.
                                due to the early production dates for the vehicle it may well be that it is not Germans in your photo.
                                Sorry, Mike, the source book is coffee table type and hard to scan from
                                Bill, not Vill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X