Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Bruce, sometimes I should read my own captions
    And, of course, it was a Public Relations exercise touting the German Four Year Plan which apparently they were selling to the occupied countries as evidence of the wisdom of allying themselves with Germany. I still have not found those other photos but will have a look again tonight.
    Regards
    Bill

Comment

Unknown Krupp-Daimler

Originally posted by Bill Murray
      Good Evening Doc:

Your vehicle is quite a rare bird indeed. It is a Reichswehr Krupp-Daimler armored car of the late 1920's.
      Cheers
      Bill
      Hello,

tell us more about this vehicle!

Kind regards

Köhler

Comment

Hi Bruce:

Here is another photo of those propaganda caravans, this one touting the HJ.
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Good Evening Doc:

Not too much I can tell you about your vehicle.
          It was typed as Kfz.3, it had steering both in the forward cabin and the rear as well.
          It seems to have provisions for four machine guns and if so equipped, could carry 6 men or 12 men if the machine guns were not installed.

My knowledge of the German language is somewhat limited but I think my references state that some 45 such vehicles were taken in by the Reichswehr forces.

As there were not any real hostile actions going on at the time, my impression is that they were used more as police vehicles/anti riot vehicles than pure military vehicles.

Your photo is most interesting if it shows such a vehicle still on active service after the beginning of the war. I have noted that a lot of the sellers on eBay.de are not aware of the exact time when the photos they are selling were made and often are trying to sell photos as coming from the WWII period when in fact, they were taken much earlier even back to the RW period.
          Hope this helps, let me know if I can provide more information.
          Bill

Comment

Bill,

I'm sorry, I meant the caption of MY photo says they are set up in Vienna. Which probably means your photo shows them arriving in town and my photo shows them set up for the public.

Comment

A very interesting photo Bill. I wonder why all those big levelling jacks? Is this the travelling configuration and then the van expands like the Four-Year Plan ones. Do you have a photo of the HJ-zug expanded?

Comment

Morning Bruce:

Here are the other two photos I mentioned earlier. One taken in Russia and the other a continuation of the Veinna series. Courtesy of Sander D off of old eBay auctions I would guess.
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

And here is the other Vienna one. Sorry, I had to resize the photo.

Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bruce:

To think on the question of levelling jacks, it is my impression that these were mobile exhibition halls and would be filled with people walking from one end to the other. Thus, the levelling jacks would take out the motion of the suspension and tires.
                    I must say I am impressed with the usual German technical solutions to carry out such tasks. If it were us or the Brits, we would just have a bunch of trucks and tents and set it up sort of like a circus.
                    Bill

Comment

Any ideas on this one??
                      Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

Your car looks like a Wanderer W50.

Cheers,
                        Larrister
                        Attached Files

Comment

Larry:
                          Looks like a match to me. Good detective work. Thanks
                          Oh.....I have about 200 more unidentified vehicle photos so this thread should live for a while.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

Always happy to help. Maybe you or someone else can help identify the civilian car beside the Medium Uniform Pkw. It is RHD so it must be a foreign make. Peugeot maybe?

Cheers,
                            Larrister
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Larrister; 08-13-2005, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Here is another type of truck I cannot identify. They look like Opels however the shape of the radiator and grille is different.

Larrister
                              Attached Files

Comment

Evening Larry:

According to my references, both are Fords of the year 1936.
                                The first in line could be German, according to the windshield, the second I would say is a beute/impressed from either holland or belgium.
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 115 users online. 0 members and 115 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X