demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill here is a new from me. I think the first one is a US made car(chrysler?) as for the other?????

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Would I be correct to say that the two Ford Eifel cars are the 1935-36 models as the later models had a slightly different radiator.

The Fords have different bonnet side louvres which confused me at first.
      Haven't seen any other pics of Eifels with these.

You are a long way from home, are you on holiday?

Here's another pic for you, I know you don't have any reference material with you but you may recognize the make and model.

Cheers
      Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Mike:
        I have to wait till I get home to try to ID your cars, They are both American origin as far I can see at this point.

Larry, your last photo is a 1940 Ford, probably British.
        Bill

Comment

Mike, I make the Fords 35 36 as you say.
          Larry, could be wrong on the origin of your 1940 Ford. Can't tell on the laptop if it is a station wagon or panel van. If a van, would be European, Dutch or Belgian maybe.
          I am not on holiday, am at the annual HobbyTown convention in beautiful downtown Lincoln, Nebraska.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

The Ford is a van.

Cheers
            Larry

Comment

Does anyone know which type of vehicles these are?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike and Todd:

I just got out of the car half an hour ago after the trip home.

Mike, your first car is a 1938 Pontiac and the second is a 1937 Hudson.
                Question is, where was the photo taken and how the hell did they get there? Both cars are very rare, the Hudson even in the US, and I have to believe they came from Holland, Belgium or France where such cars had a certain following.

Todd, the best I can come up with just now is a Panhard K125 variant.
                It is certainly French and several ID features fit that truck. The grille, the windscreen, the way the doors look and open and the headlamps for example. What troubles me is the space between the bumper and the front fenders as the only good photo I have of the truck shows a lot longer space in that area. So, not a positive ID but perhaps a good educated guess.

I welcome any other comments from our French experts.
                Bill

Comment

Bill, thanks so much for the ID's. Yep now you mention it the first one is a pontiac. I came accross a 38 coupe down in Glasgow ky. 6 or so yeares ago that was straight out a old ladys garage. A very sweet untouched car. As for the Hudson I had no Idea. All I can say it looks like the eastern front is the local of the photo..

This one looks like a 37-38 olds.
                  Originally posted by Bill Murray
                  Hi Mike and Todd:

I just got out of the car half an hour ago after the trip home.

Mike, your first car is a 1938 Pontiac and the second is a 1937 Hudson.
                  Question is, where was the photo taken and how the hell did they get there? Both cars are very rare, the Hudson even in the US, and I have to believe they came from Holland, Belgium or France where such cars had a certain following.

Todd, the best I can come up with just now is a Panhard K125 variant.
                  It is certainly French and several ID features fit that truck. The grille, the windscreen, the way the doors look and open and the headlamps for example. What troubles me is the space between the bumper and the front fenders as the only good photo I have of the truck shows a lot longer space in that area. So, not a positive ID but perhaps a good educated guess.

I welcome any other comments from our French experts.
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike:
                    Oldsmobile, yes, year is 1936. I greatly appreciate these most rare vehicle photos you keep digging up. If I live long enough, I think I will have cataloged just about every make and year of American vehicles 1934-1941 that were made and somehow found and used by the Germans.

What an amazing little footnote to the history of vehicle transport during this war.
                    Bill

Comment

Hi Mike

Nice photo.

Unknown type of halftrack in the background.

Cheers

Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Larry:

I do not know from Shinola about half tracks, not my thing, but the Katzenjammer Kids (spelling?) in the foreground are priceless.

Great photo!!!!!!!!!
                        Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Yeah it's a nice photo. They look like brothers. What is "Katzenjammer?"
                          Typed it in Babel translator and it said "cat misery."

I have a couple more nice LW "Der Speiss" pics in the album as well.

Cheers
                          Larry

Comment

Bill & Larry, thanks for the good words. I am glad they are apprciated as I do enjoy sharing these wonderfull photos. Of course I always anticipate the photos you share Larry. The depth of your collection is very inspiring.

Mike

Comment

Larry:
                              The Katzenjammer Kids originated in Germany as a comic book or comic strip in the late 1800's and are still known in Germany today.

In Germany, they were known as the non-identical twins Max & Moritz.
                              Upon emigrating to the US, they were known as Hans & Fritz.

I stopped reading comic strips in the newspapers 45 or so years ago so I do not know if they still exist as such but I remember reading the strips every Sunday for many years. They were known for all sorts of mischief making and made life miserable for their mother and "Der Captain" who was a friend of the family as I remember. Their mother would often be seen paddling both of them at one time across her knees.

Anyway, the two goofy looking guys in your post immediately reminded me of them only now they were adults.

Another little bit of oddball history for you.
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Very interesting little story.

Here's another unidentified truck pic.

The closest I can come to IDing it is a 1920s-30s Daimler-Motoren Gesellschaft (DMG).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 140 users online. 0 members and 140 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X