Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep that is it Vill, er Bill... Glad I am not the only one who pulls that fauxpaux(SP). Thanks again! Mike

Comment

ID on these cars

Hi folks!

I am new here-I just found the forum and it has been most enjoyable reading.

Here is a pic I got from the Internet-I'm looking to ID the two closest vehicles. (I fixed the overcompression, etc as much as I could with Photoshop)

My guess is the close one is a Maybach SW38 and the second, light colored one is a Zeppelin.

I figured out pretty fast that Hans is the resident expert-in one of his posts I read that the NS leadership favored Mercedes-Benz but these look like Maybachs to me.

Hans, if you're there, can you help out with this? And BTW, thanks for all the wonderful info on the G4 and 770-been looking for that a long time!

Thanks,

Rich

Comment

unidintified cars

Hi Rich, welcome to this Forum and your friendly words, I think you have right with the car on the photo, the first is the Maybach SW 38 cabriolet and the other could be also a Maybach, of course is the second car not easy to ID .
        I am a Mercedes-Benz Buff !! , but that you have find out allready!!

Kind regards Hans

Comment

Hallo Rich & Hans:

I played a bit with the photo and agree the first vehicles certainly seems to be a Maybach. In my opinion, as near as I can tell it looks like a Horch, possibly an 830.
          Bill

Comment

Both Bill and Has: Thanks! Guess I'm a little better at this than I thought.

I have some 770 pics that I've found-I'll have to U/L them when I get un-lazy enough.

Rich

BTW, Hans, if you go to that Mirbach.de website, they have the last W24 Experimental for sale! I grabbed those pics fast! Go get 'em!

Rich

Comment

BMW Dixi??
              Nice telephone maintenance shot, or is it a mini fire truck??
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

telephone

It must be a thelephone maintenance, and not a firetruck. Well if it is for tiny fires, hence the tiny caar and tiny hose it must be on the reel

Well the poles on the side of the truck is for hanging the line up in the air. There must be thousands of those poles still here in Norway..
                They fit together to make one high pole.

Rolf

Comment

Hi Bill

Another car that I have searched for but cannot identify. Can you help?

Cheers
                  Larry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:

Your vehicle is, I am quite sure, a 1937 Chrysler. Not very commonly seen in Western Europe but relatively popular in Scandinavia and Switzerland, for example. Any idea where the photo was taken??
                    Cheers
                    Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks once again for the ID.
                      According to the album the photo was taken near Buono which I couldn't find.
                      Ukraine perhaps?

Here's a Mercedes-Benz 4-door 170V taken at the same place.

Cheers
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mercedes-Benz

Hi Larry, nice photo, you have seen the type right but it is not a 4 door cabriolet but a two doors Cabriolet B!

Hans

Comment

Bill here is a hard one, maybe, for you. I am a big fan of dash boards but this one isn't familuar to me... Mike

Comment

Hans: Thanks for the correction.

Bill: The car in this pic looks like a 1935-36 Ford V8 four-door sedan.

Cheers
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys:
                              Mike, not sure on yours but Larry's is a 1935 Ford.
                              Mike, I imagine your car is European judging by the pocket in the door as I don't remember American cars having this feature but I could be wrong.
                              Bill

Comment

How about this one?
                                Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 125 users online. 0 members and 125 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X