EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Larry,

I think the #488 is a french half track Unic TU1

Cheers,

Patrice.

Comment

Hello Patrice,

You are 100% correct. It is a Unic TU1. Thankyou. Here's another pic to compare.

Cheers,

Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen:
        I stand corrected. How I missed the trench/ditch roller on the front of the vehicle is beyond me. A very obvious clue as to the type of vehicle.

I promise to look closer next time.
        Bill

Comment

Here's one I haven't been able to ID. There's something written on the grill that I cannot make out.
          Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Gr******252;******223; Gott Para03,

Your photo shows some signal troops hauling lots of telephone cable with a French Renault AG-type 4x2 truck and trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by BergführerKiser View Post
              Grüß Gott Para03,

Your photo shows some signal troops hauling lots of telephone cable with a French Renault AG-type 4x2 truck and trailer.
              Danke Patrick!

Comment

this photo was taken in Finland during the war ( a German unit stationed there). Could anyone tell me please what make this Lorry is? Cheers, Torsten.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Torsten,

The truck is a French Matford F917WS.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                    Hello Torsten,

The truck is a French Matford F917WS.

Cheers,

Larry
                    Hi Larry, thank you very much. Were they quite commonly used in the Wehrmacht? This is the complete photo. Cheers, Torsten.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Torsten,

"The Matford F917WS (5 tons, 4 x 2, 85 HP) was built in great numbers for the Wehrmacht. Its quality and durability were criticized by the troops." - from "Trucks of the Wehrmacht" by Reinhard Frank.

I have several photos of this truck in my collection as well. Nice photo!

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Hello All,
                        I know that these are Packard...but, what is the type? what is the model year?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is "B" the Packard, too?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Haruki
                            What amazing photos!!!

The Packards are 1940 model six cylinder sedans. Your "B" vehicle is just that, a 1939 Buick Special sedan.
                            Now, the question is where did the WM find such a large amount of almost identical Packards and of course the Buick as well.
                            Do you know where the photo was taken?
                            Bill

Comment

Thanks so much Bill,

where did the WM find such a large amount of almost identical Packards
                              I think so too...

Do you know where the photo was taken?
                              These photos were taken at Brest in March 1941. The Packards had carried an inspection party of the Imperial Japanese Navy officers and engineers.
                              Because the Buick has very low license plate number, I think that the OKM in Berlin might have arranged these vehicles.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Haruki:
                                I wonder, since the photo is taken in Brest, if they seized the entire stock of the Packard importer either there or perhaps in Paris.
                                I agree with you on the significance of the low number on the Buick registration plate. Such a delegation from Japan must have been a very high level and important group of visitors.

As a side note, I have developed a theory that I have posted on other forums that the WM seems to have ended up with most of the American and European luxury vehicles captured or siezed in the West. The Luftwaffe was next, although they seem to have favored German luxury vehicles almost as much.

If you have more photos of WM staff cars, I would appreciate seeing them here. Impressed or captured civilian vehicles, especially passenger cars is a major part of my research interest.
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 99 users online. 0 members and 99 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X