Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a DMG DRL-5d. Notice the same front wheel (including holes) and solid rubber tyres.

Looks kind of the same as the above pic.

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Bill haven't seen you around lately hope everything is going well for you and your family.
      I picked this up from ebay just because I have not seen the like in my travels thus far. Of course one can only see the rear half of the vehicle in the back ground but what I can tell it is a dual axle chasis. As you can see the interesting thing is the body, appears to be a prime mover body??
      Any way here you are. Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Unidintified vehicle

Hi Mike,

The car on your photo is a Büssing Typ VI GL Grosslastkraftwagen, the car has 35 seats and a 6 Cylinder , 9,4 Litre 80 Bhp Engine.

I know that the Sächsischen Staatspolizei , Dresden has the same type of car in the year 1926/27 .

Kind regards Hans

Comment

Hi Mike:
          Still here, just really busy lately.
          Here is a shot of a cargo version of the VI that was on AHF a while back.
          Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Vehicle

Hi Mike,

Here a photo of the Büssing VI GL Grosslastkraftwagen, kind regards Hans
            Attached Files

Comment

Mein Gott!! Those were some big vehicles. Thanks Hans and Bill! Shame it wasn't a photo of the whole thing, of course the focal length would be a mutha..lol Mike
              Originally posted by Hans Rinsma View Post
              Hi Mike,

Here a photo of the Büssing VI GL Grosslastkraftwagen, kind regards Hans

Comment

Hello again here is another vehicle that may be interesting. It has from what I can see simularities of a halftrack but it also has an enclosed body like an RSO. It is towing a piece of artillery so a modified sdkfz is my guess.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Halft-track

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                  Hello again here is another vehicle that may be interesting. It has from what I can see simularities of a halftrack but it also has an enclosed body like an RSO. It is towing a piece of artillery so a modified sdkfz is my guess.

Mike
                  Hi Mike!

In my opinion it is a SdKfz.11 3 to half track. The body may be from the very special anti gas units of the wehrmacht?

Cheers

Jürgen

Comment

Gläser bodied Cars in the Wehrmacht

Hello,

i´m new in this forum and i´m looking for Photos of cars with special custom coachwork from the famous german prewar coachwork firm GLÄSER KAROSSERIE DRESDEN (in english literature often spelled without Umlaut GLASER)!

They have built custom (mostly luxury) convertible bodies for many german and austrian car firms (Horch, Wanderer, Audi, Opel, Ford, Adler, Hanomag, Maybach, Mercedes, Röhr, Steyr, Austro-Daimler, NSU-Fiat, Stoewer...), but also for foreign car firms (Aston Martin, Chrysler, Marmon, Buick, Chevrolet, Lincoln, Packard, Isotta-Frascini, Alfa-Romeo...).

During WWII they built some of the luxury Kommandeurswagen SdKfz´s and (snow) carriages for the Wehrmacht (Horch 901 KfZ 21 Kommandeurswagen, Skoda 952 KfZ 21 Kommandeurswagen, Steyr 1500 A Kommandeurswagen...).

You can recognise a Gläser car by the round badge/emblem (see picture), which is fitted on the A-pillar, between the front door and the engine hood/bonnet!

As many of the luxury convertibles were conficated by the Wehrmacht for the officers, i thought, that some of the members of this forum might have pictures of Gläser bodied cars in their archives! As the Gläser firm was nearly complete destroyed in the bombings on Dresden, it´s not very easy to find pictures of these cars, so i would be very happy to find new ones here!

If you are interested in Gläser bodied cars, you´ll find some more information and a lot of pictures on this homepage:

Gläser Forum

Regards, Axel (Mannheim, Germany)

Comment

Hi Axel:
                      I am not really an expert, but is this a Glaeser body on this 1938 Buick?
                      Sorry, photo did not come through.
                      Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

this could be a Gläser, but it´s hard to tell, as the photo is really small and i can´t zoom in to see the badge on the A-pillar! Do you have this picture in better quality too?

Axel

Comment

Hi,

para03 wanted a ambulance car to be identified here in this thread some time ago
                          see here:

para03******180;s ambulance picture

This car was identified as an Austro-Daimler ADR, but is actually an Steyr 530 !
                          The radiator emblem of the Austro-Daimler (bow and arrow in a circle) looks very similar to the Steyr emblem of that time (gun target in circle) and both firms grouped with Puch as Steyr-Daimler-Puch in 1934!

If anybody wants to compare the radiator design with my Steyr 530 Gl******228;ser convertible, which I am restoring at the moment follow this link:

My Steyr 530 convertible (war survivor)

The chassis of the only 456! between 1935-36 built Steyr 530******180;s was normally used for very luxury convertible and limousine bodies. But as it was very solid too, some were used for ambulances!

By accident I found a picture of the same car (see attached photo)!
                          As it has no number plates and still got all the hubcaps (not like on para03******180;s photo, where all are "missing in action" ), i think that it was taken short before delivery to the customer.
                          Matthias was right with the meaning of the letters and symbol on the doors too, it******180;s the heraldic coat of arms of the austrian city of LEOBEN, which is situated in the Steyrmark not far away from the Steyr factory!

Axel

Comment

Hi Axel, Here's a couple of pics for you. First one is a Horch possibly 853 model.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A Wanderer W 50 with the logo painted over with Luft colour scheme.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                                Hi Axel, Here's a couple of pics for you. First one is a Horch possibly 853 model.
                                Bingo! This is not a Horch, but a Steyr 630 4-door Gl******228;ser convertible (only 500 built between 1937-39), which i haven******180;t seen as a confiscated car by now!!! This picture really makes me happy!

You can compare it with some factory photos here:

Steyr 630 pictures

Thanks Larrister!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X