WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

The idea here is to have a central location for us to post photos of vehicles, soft skinned vehicles, that we have not been able to identify. I will try also to go back and find a lot of the individual posts and photos included in threads that were never identified.
    Here is my first.
    Bill
    Attached Files

And another

Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

And another.

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

And another.
        Sorry, too small. Give it a try anyway.

Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Goodness, I hope I am not going to be the only one to post here

Another one.
          Attached Files

Comment

One more Not the truck, which is an Opel, but the car which you can barely see on the right.
            Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Bill great idea for a thread. Question I have is this thread open to any soft skin vehicles that are in our respective collections that need ID'ing or is it just for vehicles that have been "out" and not ID'd yet? Mike

Oh another thought. How does the idea of a thread like this for unit emblems sound? I know I have a number of vehicles w/unkown emblems that i have not been able to ID....

Comment

I am sorry I did not make it clear the first time.
                Yes, the objective is to bring in lots of new and as yet unposted photos that reside in our members collections that have not been posted here before. Sort of like what I have posted. Then, I was going to try to go backwards in other threads to try to pull up photos from the past that were never identified.

And yes, I think it is an excellent idea to post photos that deal with unit identification and that can deal with anything from soft skinned vehicles to armor to whatever. This is a fairly common thread topic on several other boards I subscribe to. As this board is quite active compared to some others, you might get some good answers fairly quickly.

I would suggest you start another thread here dealing with just your area of interest and I am sure you will get lots of answers. Sadly, not from me as this is not an area of research for me but there seems to be a lot of folks here who are qute knowledgeable on the subject.

And since I am here, here is another I cannot identify just yet.
                I know the truck is a 1937-1938
                Chevrolet but I am not sure about the vehicle on the right. The photo was taken in Finland in the first of the three wars in WWII
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, hell, I am bored tonight. I just talked to my wife in Arizona and finally, after her father passed away a month ago, she has been gone taking care of him and my mother in law these last 3 and a half months, she is coming home and bringing her mother and sister to live with us in Georgia. So, I spend far too much time on my hobby but it will not last for too long.

Another ID problem for me.
                  OK, I can ID most of the common vehicles but some escape me. I realize the photo is not too good, but I cut the original into four pieces to get a better view of this motor pool to try to ID the vehicles. Anyone who can ID the lesser known ones wins the prize.
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is another perspective of the same motor pool
                    Attached Files

Comment

One more before I go off to bed. This photo was taken on the island of Jersey where there were many French vehicles even though I believe it was under British control. I am quite sure this roadster/convertible is a French car but this far I have not been able to positively identify it.

Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a photo for you. I am not an expert with vehicles. Which type of vehicle is this RAD leader riding in?
                        Attached Files

Comment

My contribution to this thread...

finis
                          Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Morning Gentlemen:

A little progress. My #5 is a BMW, I believe #12 is a Hanomag Sturm and #13 is an Opel P4 most likely. I will keep trying.
                            Bill

Comment

Vehicle Photos

Hi Bill , nice Thread mate , On the Photo number 3 you see a Mercedes-Benz Stuttgart 260 Cabriolet C, the nice car on the 8 is a Mercedes-Benz 230 W153 Limousine.
                              The fine cabriolet on number 12 is a Röhr Cabriolet, it was built by the Neue Röhrwerke AG in Ober-Ramstadt.

Hans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X