GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Bill and Hans for the ID of my trucks.

I am of the same opinion as Bill about the Krupp truck. I have several pics of them but nothing with that type of grille. There is nothing like it in my reference material as well. Good to see something new turn up.

Cheers
    Larry

Comment

Hans and Larry:
      A question if I may.

I have a lot of contemporary German truck books from the 1930's including several original "Autotypenbuch" issues from 1932 to 1938.
      I have yet to find a reference to the Ld3 H63 that Hans mentioned.

There are fair amount of photos of 2.5 type trucks that are fairly close but I do not see a 3.0 as indicated by Hans.

I did a lot on Google tonight but came up with nothing about the letter series Hans wrote in his reply.

So, Hans, and I am giving you full credit for being far better than I am at ID'ing German vehicles, can you show us an example of the truck you describe. I am certain we can agree it is a Krupp, but would like to pin down exactly which Krupp.

With respect.
      Bill

Comment

Larry & Hans:
        I had forgotten I had Reinhard Frank's book "Krupp at War" and came up with more information. The L3 H63 is the six wheel standard Wehrmacht truck, and I suppose the "d" in Hans' description stands for diesel.

Based on photos in this book, this one looks more to me like an Ld3 3M or 3.5M or maybe a 5M. The "d" as I said, apparently stands for diesel and according to Reinhard most models came with either a petrol or a diesel engine. I guess the 3, 3.5, 5 etc stands for the load capacity of the truck. I have not quite figured out what the two or three numbers at the end of the designation stand for.
        Cheers
        Bill

Comment

Here is another for the group. I believe that I see a 1937 Chev truck and a 1937 Chev command car and maybe a British Ford. Seems to be taken in Belgium
          eBay.de auctionfactory is the source.
          Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Guys for the ID. I am slowly building up a small library of reference material and getting better at identifying makes and models.

My wife bought me Bart Vanderveen's "Historic Military Vehicles Directory" which arrived a few weeks ago. The problem is that it is a Xmas present and she won't let me use it until I open it on Xmas Day. Frustrating!

Anyway, here's another for yous. Pic taken in France and looks like a confiscated civilian truck. I am probably wrong but it looks like some kind of Studebaker. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
            Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

I guess nobody minds when I jump in with a request
              This photo came from eBay about one year ago but I don't know what vehicle is shown on the left. It has the number '58' on the right door, other markings can no longer be detected from my scanner or camera. The reverse of the photo says 'Griechenland' (=Greece).

Thanks,
              Laurens
              Attached Files

Comment

Evening Larry:

That particular truck, in many photos, still evades me.
                The wheels are very prototypical Studebaker and in this case, it seems to be a tractor truck pulling a trailer.

As you know, I mostly hesitate to "pull the trigger" on Iding a vehicle so for me I still have to do more research.

Bart's book/books are invaluable and I am so sorry you have to wait for 2 months. I might suggest a couple of dollops of very strong Australian wine for your better half and she may relent. It has worked for me in the past.
                Cheers
                Bill

Oh, Yes, bribery also works. Tell her you have a very special present for her and it too is not to be presented until Christmas. You give me mine now and I will give you yours.

Comment

Hi Bill

My wife doesn't drink alcohol so I might try flattery instead.

Cheers
                  Larry

Comment

Laurens:

Best I can tell, your vehicle looks to me like a Hanomag, possibly an ST100
                    Cheers
                    Bill

Comment

Unfortunatly no infos on this photo, can Bill Murray ID any soft skins here?

Comment

Good Morning Maikafer:
                        I am at my shop and away from my reference materiels and my photo editing program but to give a quick answer on what I think I can ID, it is as follows.

Renault sedan
                        Mercedes L2000 or Lo2000
                        A French removals truck unknown
                        ?? but German of some make
                        ?? Looks like the front of a Ford or Matford
                        Cannot see the rest that well on this monitor (Small store PC)

When I get home, I will copy the photo to my editing program and enlarge and lighten it to see if I can do better.

Cheers
                        Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, for your swift answer! It's already evening here but a good morning to you as well. No need to apologise though, I scanned the photo much to small. Below I attached two partial but blown-up enlargements of the photo. All are Wehrmacht-vehicles in some Fuhrpark.

Is it, in your expierence, common that there are so many Beutefahrzeuge from French origin in the same vehicle park? I'm also curious about that French removal truck you ID'ed (this is the largest vehicle?) - what is it for?

Many thanks for the help!

Comment

Hallo Maikafer:
                            Well, not much help. I am sure of the Renault, reasonably sure of the Mercedes although maybe not the exact model. For the moment, I think the removals van may be a Bernard based only on the louvres in the hood/bonnet. Such vehicles were used by the Germans for many purposes, including office vans, postal vans, hospital vehicles and other such.
                            The photo is so dark, I have trouble with the German, as I believe, truck, I am quite sure the next vehicle is a Ford of some sort and the others seem to be of German origin, possibly kubels or ordinary passenger cars.

Sadly, sometimes we never do come to a complete identification on some of these extremely interesting photos.

I will keep researching.
                            Cheer
                            Bill

Comment

Hi Larry:

Regarding that tractor photo a few up, nearest I can come is a Studebaker J or K series based on the wheels and front end and louvres in the hood/bonnet. If I am correct, it must have been supplied as a flat faced chassis, no windscreen, no cab.
                              As always, I will keep looking.
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Cheers larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X