CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill

Got this photo off Estand. I have found some makes and models that are similar but nothing that exactly matches this car. Any ideas? French maybe?

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hanomag Rekord?

Hi Larrister,

I believe it is some form of Hanomag Rekord, have a look at the link below, not everything matches (a lot of shots on the link are cannibalised restorations), but it's pretty similar. What do you think?

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/m/hagrek.htm

Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Morning Larry/Steve:
        The car is indeed a Hanomag Rekord 1937/38 model.
        I will try to post a photo later today. Here is a period ad that is not real clear.
        Cheers
        Bill
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bill Murray; 11-07-2005, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill/Steve

Thanks very much for the ID of my car. I saw the Hanomag pics at the Oldtimers site but noticed a few differences so I couldn't be sure. The front mudguard in my pic looks different and there is a sill under the door above the running board in my pic that isn't evident in the other photos.

I know there were many small differences in certain makes and models and this makes them hard (but lots of fun) to ID especially when so many auto manufacturers built similar looking cars.

Cheers
          Larry

Comment

Here are a couple more. Could also be a 1935/6 model.
            Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

One more, 1935 model. Sorry, I need to check to make sure the book is straight in the scanner
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, what about this/these vehicles. Same vehicle, one a kubel the other looks like a fire department vehicle. From photofile.ru.
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

The "fire truck"
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray
                    OK, what about this/these vehicles. Same vehicle, one a kubel the other looks like a fire department vehicle. From photofile.ru.
                    Bill
                    The first one is ex-Polish Polski FIAT 508 III "Lazik". The second one seems to be Polski FIAT 508/518

HTH
                    Marek

Comment

Thank you Mark:

You win the prize for today and I would imagine that is a pretty rare vehicle.

Here, two posts of what looks like a model of the same vehicle as a Kubel.
                      bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Second photo
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill

Just looking through Reinhar Frank's Cars of the Wehrmacht and found this pic of a Hanomag Sturm. The front guard matches the one in my photo exactly. Do you think my photo may be a Sturm or do you still go with the Rekord?

Cheers
                          Larry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray
                            Thank you Mark:

You win the prize for today and I would imagine that is a pretty rare vehicle.
                            Yes, indeed Bill, it pretty rare now. I know only 3 surviving examples but only one runner:
                            http://www.odkrywca.pl/slajd.php?gn=...70044b1024.jpg
                            http://www.odkrywca.pl/slajd.php?gn=...f=bzura_08.jpg

Marek

Comment

Hi Larry:

Hmmm.
                              Sometimes trying to pin down these low volume production models is a pain.
                              You may well be correct. Note that the wheels are the same as your first photo and different from the wheels on the Rekord. That is usually a pretty good id clue no matter what the body style or maker. Also, the bonnet louvres are the same although the Rekord also has that style.

What is not the same to my eyes is the shape of the windscreen. Your first photo has a very squared off windscreen and the others all seem to have that slightly rounded form in the corners. I suppose this could be due to the choice of bodymaker.

Anyway, it is certainly one or the other and I will google around some more to see if I come up with anything.
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Here is a photo of a truck I received in the mail today. I am no expert on vehicle type identification. Does anyone know which type of truck this one is? Notice the Fahrschule plate on the front bumper.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X