MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo Tim:

Well, I did not find the exact thing I was looking for but it should do. This is from the May, 1967 issue of AFV News which was, and I guess still is, my last issue is 1994, an excellent small newsletter publication out of Canada that was mainly for modellers. The thing I mentioned was actually taken from this page and someone enlarged the rear suspension part of each drawing and reposted it but I cannot find it now. You can do the same thing.

Anyway, you should now be able to figure out the halftracks.
    Cheers
    Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bill,
      I have saved the picture and this will be very usefull in the future

Comment

I believe the lead passenger car is a Hotchkiss and the small truck is a Citroen.

Any opinions??
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe this to be a British Bedford.

Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

This looks to me like a big Benz, maybe a 6500 but with a strange body
            Attached Files

Comment

ID'ing the half tracks

Bill, Tim,

There's another diagramatic guide to ID'ing the halftracks, by using the wheel differences, in John Milsoms German Half Tracked Vehicles of WWII.

If I could work out how to post attachments under Mozilla Firefox, which seems to lose the javascript button somewhere, I would post it!

Andrew

Comment

Hello
                Not sure where to put my question, but i give it a try here.
                Its a detail from a picture, a car unknown for me(i know.... about cars).
                The question is really about a marking on the car, below the X. It might be a stupid question, but it is a flag/standart or just the car that was buildt like that ?
                all suggestion is welcomed
                regards
                lolle
                Attached Files

Comment

Lolle:

Another similar picture, a Mercedes, which yours may be also. I believe it is a flag standard you are referring to.
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello
                    Thank you Bill M. for your quick reply.
                    I add another question about the flag/car. I have searched and found a similar flag, but that had a border around. What unit/rank does this flag show ?
                    regards
                    lolle

Comment

Lolle:

Sady, flags, unit markings and that sort of thing are areas I never learned anything about so I cannot help you there. Vehicles, maybe, markings not.
                      Keep the photos coming, though and I will help where I can.
                      Bill

Comment

Lolle and Bill:

Try http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germ...ymbols_41.html

Larrister

Comment

Thanks Larry:

I have duly printed it off and it will be beside my PC

I gather that both our vehicles represent a Corps HQ car if I read it right.
                          Bill

Comment

Hello
                            Thank you Larrister for your info.
                            regards
                            lolle
                            p.s.
                            Bill M.
                            Ed. Anderson,Jr. mention the pennant as a Army Staff Car Pennant for Corps Commander with rank of Lieutant General.
                            Last edited by lolle; 07-24-2005, 10:00 AM.

Comment

A couple of French vehicles I am not sure about. This may be a Citroen
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

Another
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X