ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This photo was a lucky find in a big unsorted photo lot I bought yesterday - I have the impression that it must be quite rare - what is this?

Comment

Tim:

All I can suggest is for someone to check their artillery archives as it looks to me like some sort of transport for that purpose.
      Bill

Comment

HI there,

thats actually a SFH18 (Schwere Feld-Haubitze) taken apart for transport. The barrel comes on another truck, here at this assembly only the weels on the left-hand-side has to be taken of, and the barrel installed - ready for aktion!
        Regards, Patrick

Comment

Thanks alot for helping me out Patrick (and Bill), I really had no idea that this was artillery

Comment

I'm not sure about the SFh18

too big for that howitzer. Looks more like heavy field artillery - 18 or 21 cm cannon "Matterhorn". Use google for 'Kanone Matterhorn' for example.

regards

Achim

Comment

hi tim

your gun is one 17 cm K18 or 21 cm K18.
              these two gun are gone up on the same frame, the Mörserlafette 18.
              one can see the difference only by seeing the tube of the gun.
              regards patrick

Comment

I think Patrick is right on this one
                I've done a search on google:
                http://lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waff...17-cmK18-R.htm
                Thanks all for thinking with me

Comment

Hello!

The enclosed picture was taken near the entrance to Schleissheim Airfield between 1935 and 1938.

It has a very signifcant number plate and looks like an Audi or a Wanderer.

Any idea about the exact type and the user of this car?

Guenter
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guenter Braun; 09-05-2005, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Hallo Guenter:
                    I believe your vehicle to be a Horch, one of the 800 series, possibly an 830.
                    There are others on this forum that are more knowledgable than I am on German vehicles and they may respond as well but I think I am close.
                    Cheers
                    Bill

Comment

Hi Guenter

Bill is right. Your car is a Horch 853 convertible and sporting the Auto Union rings on grille.

Cheers
                      Larrister
                      Originally posted by Bill Murray
                      Hallo Guenter:
                      I believe your vehicle to be a Horch, one of the 800 series, possibly an 830.
                      There are others on this forum that are more knowledgable than I am on German vehicles and they may respond as well but I think I am close.
                      Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

here is one that I just got in the mail today. I seen this posted on a different forum as an ebay auction and has since gone away. if I remember it is a 38-39 chevy? Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

hi

Hi Mike (again)

Your image is a nice shot of a relatively rare Dutch version of the Chev, called a
                          Chevrolet KD/DAF, used mainly for towing small anti-tank guns. See page 266 of Vanderveen's "Historic Military Vehicle Directory" for more details.

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

hi

I confirm that it is well a Chevrolet model 1939 anti-tank tractor , ex dutch army.
                            I have one other picture of the same car in my collection.

best regards patrick

Comment

Patrick, amazing isn't it! great photo Mike

Comment

thanks again Steve! I am going to purchase a copy of this book in the near future question; I wonder since this is now a Luftwaffe vehicle was it still being used as such and then the unit was a luft -ground unit? Mike
                                Originally posted by S Ballantyne
                                Hi Mike (again)

Your image is a nice shot of a relatively rare Dutch version of the Chev, called a
                                Chevrolet KD/DAF, used mainly for towing small anti-tank guns. See page 266 of Vanderveen's "Historic Military Vehicle Directory" for more details.

Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 127 users online. 0 members and 127 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X