Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ian:
    The better photos helped a lot.
    The top left car is not a Vauxhall but a 1.3 liter Opel of 1935.
    The car just below it is an Opel 2 liter, also 1935.
    I am still working on the rest.
    Bill

Comment

Hi Ian

The car in your bottom photo (the slightly out-of-focus one) looks like a 1933-34 Wanderer W 22 (2 litre) Limousine.

Cheers

Larry
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Larrister; 10-15-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Hi all:
        I think Larry is most likely correct. That vehicle was on my short list but I was concerned by the more square or vertical angle of the rear wings/fenders and a little bit unsure of the louvers in the hood/bonnet but most likely that was due to the rather fuzzy and out of focus photo.
        I will go with Larry's ID.

By the way, we got a bonus flower car photo as the large scan is not the same as the small one below the Opel 2 liter and the Ford Model A. I do not presently recognize that one either. Are there more photos from this lot???
        Bill

Comment

blabla
          Last edited by SvenWittnebel; 10-27-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Sven:
            You have there an Austro Daimler ADTK being used as a field kitchen.
            Bill

Comment

blabla

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
                Hi Sven:
                You have there an Austro Daimler ADTK being used as a field kitchen.
                Bill
                Of course it is a field kitchen. Do you think the cooks in the picture where actually going to waste those Model 24 Stielhandgranate for throwing at the enemy and not actually use them for mashing potatoes?

Comment

Hi Guys:

Obviously I started off too early in the morning!!

These things were sort of like a super jeep and were used to transport materiel, troops, munitions and even served as a machine gun carrier.
                  Of the poor photos I have, this one looked closest to a field kitchen carrier drawing in one of Walter Spielberger's books.

Looking a bit closer, those may be some sort of lockers on which the grenades are hanging but I really cannot tell exactly what job this particular vehicle is doing. As it is apparently assigned to an engineer detachment it may simply be carrying whatever stuff they need to do whatever they were doing.
                  Bill, who needs

Comment

blabla

Comment

Hi Ian,

I lightened one of your flower cars pics to bring out more details.
                      The flowers hide a lot of details but the car shows a lot of similarities to the Horch. The large headlights are typically Horch as are the hubcaps. Looks like a dual front bumper which is found on a lot of Horchs.
                      I do however, have a problem with the number of louvres in the side of the hood. Horch cars had more.
                      I'm having a stab in the dark on this one as the nearest match I can find is one of the Horch 8 series possibly 375 or 400.

Cheers,
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

A maybe
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill

Your pic is very close. Looks like a match to me.

Another flower car with a Horch 830 for comparism.
                          Body style, side louvres, front bumper, radiator and headlamps are very close.
                          The front fender looks slightly different though.

Cheers,

Larry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:

Sorry for the small image of the Horch 8 but I think we are there.
                            I also concur with your ID of the later Horch. Nice work!!!
                            Sadly, I am now ramping up to our Christmas season with many pallets of goods coming in the back door so I am not as nimble on the net as I am at other times of the year.
                            I will observe, however and jump in when I can.
                            Bill

Comment

Hi Larry,

the second flower car is not a Horch, but an AUDI Front UW 225 from 1935 with 2-door, 4 window Gläser body from Dresden! See picture attached.

As both, the Horch 830 and the Audi Front UW 225 came from the same car manufacturer group "Auto-Union" which had the 4 rings as a symbol for the union of Audi, Wanderer, Horch and DKW, the look really the same! And the Horch 830 and Audi 225 convertibles both were built by Gläser from Dresden, which also used nearly the same body for both cars!

You can easily see that this is an Audi by looking at the radiator mascot! At the flowered Audi you can see a chromed "1", while the Horch has a winged "H" as a mascot!
                              You can find photos of most of the Auto-Union convertibles at the Gläserforum
                              http://70724.homepagemodules.de/

Axel

Comment

Hello Axel,

You are correct. I forgot about the radiator ornament.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 103 users online. 0 members and 103 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X