ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two more, possibly more straightforward? The radiator blind does not help on one. Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

And a real veteran, taken after Dunkirk . Thanks again,
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

I am on my laptop and away from my records and reference materiel for a bit but...... Just to get started.

1. Mid late thirties Renault I think and perhaps a Voisin.
        2. A Buick 1937-1938 and a Citroen.
        3. Most likely a Plymouth.
        4. A Ford 1939/1940.
        5. An early Renault.

I will revert later with more details.

Cheers
        Bill

Comment

Is this some form of Opel Admiral, albeit 2 horsepower!
          Kerry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Yes, indeed, a very rare "Commander Kubel" version of a staff car on that chassis.
            I think I have only seen one other photo of this body style and I cannot find it for the moment but if I do I will post it.

Cheers
            Bill

Comment

Is this a T-34/76 featured in this photo?

Bryant

Comment

Here are a few more testers, Kerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

And two more. Thanks for looking, Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Just one for the moment.

Sorry, no tag on the photo. Berliet 1937 11 CV I believe

Bill
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bill Murray; 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Kerry:

OK, I am still missing the ID of the black sedan but the car being towed by the tractor is a GAZ A and the last photo is a 1938 or 1939 Chevrolet which you can ID by what little you can see of the louvers in the side of the motor hood.

Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Best guess on the black sedan is a 1932 Opel as you see here.

Cheers
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

LW truck

No big expert on Luftwaffe vehicles, could be a tanker truck

any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Johnny:

I am reasonably sure that your truck is a Borgward 3 tonner with Wehrmacht cab and either a fuel tanker or oil servicing body for the LW.

Cheers

Bill

Comment

Hello Jonny, hello Bill,

This is not a Borgward. It is a Opel Blitz 3,6-6700 A. The tank superstructure seems to be a Flugbetriebsstoff-Kesselkraftwagen (Kfz. 305). The sheet metal cover over the rear axle is missing. Therefore, it looks a bit strange.

Regards,

Holger.

Comment

Hallo my dear friend Holger:

Another lesson from the Master of German vehicles, which I always enjoy and try to learn from.

In this case, I spent too much time focusing on the Wehrmacht drivers cabin and not enough time on the type of road wheel.

I have many photos of the Borgward 3 tonner with that cabin and many show the extra width of some centimeters of the cabin vis a vis the motor hood. This extra width is not seen on the normal closed cabin on either vehicle.

Even though I have many reference books with photos of te Opel 3 tonner, 4X2 and 4X4, and I had many example photos in my photo files, when I made my choice, I did not have a really good view of the meeting of the motor hood and the drivers cabin on my Opel photos. Not even,,,,,,,, on your site.

Today, I found some such photos. So, it is not unique to the Borgward.

I must say on the other hand that aside from the road wheels , the damn trucks look almost identical to me with that Wehrmacht cab. The engine hood louvers are almost the same, the general appearance of the vehicle is the same, the cabin is the same etc. etc.

I will be more careful in the future and again, thanks for the lesson.

Cheers

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X