BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Hans

Nice to know I have not entirely lost my mind.
    Now, would the bus to the right not also be a Benz?? Looks very similar to the standard omnibusse found all over Germany before the war.
    Last edited by Bill Murray; 06-05-2005, 12:06 PM. Reason: Still cannot spell consistenly in a correct manner

Comment

Hi Bill,

I think this thread is going to keep you busy for quite some time. Here is a recent addition to my collection that I can't identify.

Cheers,
      Larrister
      Attached Files

Comment

Bill, I know you are anxiously awaiting the family and don't want to distract your thoughts, but thought I would post this one. I just got today....Enjoy! Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

This one Is a scan I made from a negative. The question I have is, What was it used for? If it helps It is be affiliated with a flak unit. strange contraption...
          Attached Files

Comment

Morning Mike:
            Your first vehicle is an Austrian Steyr and I do not remember the exact model just now.
            The second one is a Balloon Winch based on a Ford Sussex chassis and is an ex RAF British vehicle.
            Bill

Comment

Vehicle photos

Hi Mike and Bill, I saw your photo to Mike, The first Luftwaffe car is not a Steyer but the in Germany built Adler 2,5 litre ( Adlerwerke vorm. Heinrich Kleyer AG Frankfurt/Main. ) I am 100 % sure!! sorry Bill!

The second is correct, from the Wheels & Tracks number 50 this photo.

Hans

Comment

You are, of course correct Hans:

That can happen when you are on the internet at 0430 in the morning
                Thanks for the correction.
                Bill

Comment

vehicle photo

Hi Bill, no problem , I was driving in my Mercedes E class at 0430 , going to drive a train on 05.09 this morning Hans

Comment

hi !

patrick

Comment

Well Patrick:

I have already missed one today, but to me it looks very much like a DB early L 3000 (around 1929-1932 or so).
                      Bill

Comment

Bill and Hans, thanks for the ID of the two vehicles...I was thinking that the truck had something to do with barrage ballons as I have in this grouping a number of ballons being inflated etc.... Mike

Bill my friend I can imagine everything looks like a Steyr that early in the AM...I am on the sime time as you and I held out to 12:00 am and had to call it quits...

Comment

Mike:

Always glad to try to help.
                          6 more hours and I am at the top of the arrival ramp

Bill

Comment

One more:

Comment

Morning Tim:
                              1938-1939 Ford V-8 Spezial. Seems like rather a lot of them ended up in the various arms of the wehrmacht.
                              Bill

Comment

Tim:

Here is a better shot of your Ford.
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 88 users online. 0 members and 88 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X