enter the whole hi-end craze. Collecting only plain-ol' common, but
    original (!) stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
      For me many times the real 'winners' are the collectors who do not
      enter the whole hi-end craze. Collecting only plain-ol' common, but
      original (!) stuff!
      I´ll go with that......

for me Hi end collectibles are very desirable, but could I live with the is or is in not......regardles of opinions and certificates?

I would say : NO!!!

The idea that all of the sudden 10 years from now the story pops out its all put together or high end facke..and fooled a lot of experts.....

no thanks.........

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
        The idea that all of the sudden 10 years from now the story pops out its all put together or high end facke..and fooled a lot of experts.....
        This scenario is exactly what happened with one of the "premier" high end vintage baseball collections. Do some searching on the Halper collection, it once was touted as one of the best collections in private hands, was in major publications. The collection supposedly had one of kind who's who of baseball history with a focus on named, game worn jerseys. When it went to auction it sold for huge amounts. Since then it has been exposed that the pieces aren't what they were claimed to be and outright fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          No, it will not get lost and buried. Kai has no Friends.

He probably has about as many friends as Jerry Sandusky has right now.......oh whoops, my bad....Jerry has lots of new Friends !! His new Friends may be a little old for his taste, but he will get used to it.

I just commend Rob for exposing the whole Scam on a Public Forum. Takes Balls. Usually after the Collector gets his Money back it part of the unspoken Deal he keep quiet, Rob does not care. Refreshing!
          Thanks Dr.

Comment

Did Kai show you the letter or whatever it was?

Did it specifically mention each and every item or
            only something generic like:

"I herewith confirm that all medals, award documents,
            uniforms, etc. come from the estate of my father Fritz
            Witt (...)"

Do you think it is possible the son did not know what he
            signed and might be wrongfully accused?

The reason I ask is because in the case of the Michael
            Wittmann awards (which are real replacement awards
            sent to the widow after her husband's death) the old
            woman bearly being able to sign, signed a very detailed
            letter of authenticity you just know she could not have
            written by herself....

Rob,

Sorry that I insist, but how does Kai present the information
            that the material comes from the son?

Is it verbal or did he present you with a written and signed
            statement?

Markus

Comment

Now, it seems that I should explain my telephone call to Peter Witt.
              I called him, and from his reply I could make out he already knew somebody was digging into the Witt stuff. he asked me if he also had to go into hiding.
              He did not wanted to say wich items were in the grouping to me, because he said that this was a private affair, sounded like Winkler talk.
              He also said that he knew of much more(?) items from Fritz, and he also knew that they were original, but he did not know where they had been all of this time
              I think if I would have confronted him with the fact that he gave his blessing to fake items, he would have changed his mind, but in this case I was not going to argue with an old man, so I told him to have a good evening and I ended the call.

Comment

Rob,

Sorry that I insist, but how does Kai present the information
                that the material comes from the son?

Is it verbal or did he present you with a written and signed
                statement?

Markus
                Markus, I am somewhat confused, did he not write to you this also??

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                  Markus, I am somewhat confused, did he not write to you this also??
                  Rob, yes, Kai wrote that to me, but I never saw an actual certificate
                  or any statement signed by Peter Witt. (I sent you a copy of what Kai
                  had written me).

If you ask me today, Peter Witt signed nothing, it was just loose talk
                  from Kai.

When you bought your items did you not ask for a copy of the statement
                  from the son or anything? All based on verbal or written info from Kai or
                  any hard proof?

Cheers,
                  Markus

Comment

Rob, yes, Kai wrote that to me, but I never saw an actual certificate
                    or any statement signed by Peter Witt. (I sent you a copy of what Kai
                    had written me).

If you ask me today, Peter Witt signed nothing, it was just loose talk
                    from Kai.

When you bought your items did you not ask for a copy of the statement
                    from the son or anything? All based on verbal or written info from Kai or
                    any hard proof?

Cheers,
                    Markus
                    No, he went over there, and Witt signed for all of the items. He was there all night. So each item was signed by him, that's what he said.
                    Now, I understand that you would like to protect the son of Fritz Witt, but to me he is also in on the whole story.
                    If he would have made the statements himself, he would have had them there when he sold the items to me.
                    He went over there and spent an entire evening getting the items signed.

That happened when we were still negotiating for other items, and I had to go over there anyway to pick things up. In the meantime I found out the items were not his, so the story ended pretty fast...

My phonecall made it VERY clear to me he is in on the deal.

Comment

Peter Witt insists even today (a couple of hours ago) that he did not sell any uniforms to Winkler.
                      Wow, he startes to change his mind. Winkler is out in the open guys....

Comment

Btw, stay clear of this one also...
                        Attached Files

Comment

another cap destroyed....
                          Attached Files

Comment

What goes around comes around, a question of time.
                            Many people are hungry for money, doesn't matter if the pockets are alreday full as some are addicted.

Comment

oh, forgot.
                              Hj visor upgraded to SS.
                              Again irritated took the skull of, and there where 2 holes underneath...
                              Attached Files

Comment

What a pathetic ****!...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X