SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

I hope it fetches the new owner great satisfaction in saving it for future preservation and I appreciate him for sharing his find in this minefield of brain numbing opinion from all over. A welcome thread to the SS forum symbolizing what collecting should be all about .
    Thank you John , and everyone else for their help . It is very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post

I agree, any idea what it might fetch in todays market?
      No but I respect a few opinions that were given regarding the overcoat and the cuff bands. Rarest of the rare . This is more rare than a KC with oaks and swords so what does one of those go for ? Near $25,000 ? What did and unnamed LAH wrapper go for near $20,000. So this one of a kind survivor of a very high ranking official of the SS Hauptampt the price is the new owners prerogative he can ask what he likes and may very well get it.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post

You might be spot on. If Wolf tunic is the real deal and it does seem to be. The leather coat comes from the same vet, might be good.
        I knew from the first post photos of the leather coat that it was good, zero doubt for me and much easier than the tunic. This is a full military regulation cut leather coat and was originally made in black dyed leather not post manufactured dyed. Once one realizes those two facts the possibilities as to what else it might be for diminishes to near nothing. Add to all of that the appearance of the sewn insignia, the collar piping and the leather sleeve band, for me it almost vetted the tunic.

Comment

I'm kinda waiting for 'Alfred Beck' to magically reappear out of the blue again soon to say he's put the whole thing together some time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
            I'm kinda waiting for 'Alfred Beck' to magically reappear out of the blue again soon to say he's put the whole thing together some time ago...
            You read my mind. One of several unyielding truths in this hobby is the guaranteed way to transform a POS into the finest example of an original item ever seen is to sell it, usually for a penny on the dollar, to the guy calling it a POS.

Comment

Everyone can and should have their own opinion of something. If here most people think they see the same jacket on both pictures, then that's fine for me. I have neither a reason nor does i gain anything when i would want to trash this Thing, i would much more be happy to write all is fine and great Score. But for me it is not the same jacket. The loops are for me close, but not identical. If you look at the top row of loops, on the original photo the loops are a bit thicker and a bit shorter, the last two you can clearly see that they are not in the same position and i see no sign that they are redone since all are made from same thread and show same wear. The pocketflaps are not identical as well, they look the same but again, not for me. Then on the original picture the lowest loops are missing and the loops on the right side are further out than on the jacket. What then raise one Question, since all beside the middle Loops for the EK1 are made from same thread and show next to no wear...how that is possible. The eagle is also slightly higher. True, picture taken from an different angle but that not change the above. So I stick to my opinion, nice try. But as already written, this is my personal opinion, no reason to fight or trash someone about it. If everyone else thinks it is the same jacket, then the majority is right and everyone can be satisfied and happy to see a real rare Tunic.
              Attached Files
              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                Some more wolff photos were sent to me today !! Thank you .
                Now that does look like the same tunic loops look to be inline and the pocket has the little kink at the end.

Comment

who knows if its the original tunic, someone can also make it up to match all up all those photos.
                  The collar tabs a interesting nice matching in details to the photo though.
                  Also to note the above photos are actually on different angels taken, not sure the pocket flaps differ from the photo really.
                  Just a question, is it normal to have 3 loops for a GP badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                    who knows if its the original tunic, someone can also make it up to match all up all those photos.
                    The collar tabs a interesting nice matching in details to the photo though.
                    Also to note the above photos are actually on different angels taken, not sure the pocket flaps differ from the photo really.
                    Just a question, is it normal to have 3 loops for a GP badge?
                    Agree, but these two spots on the collar of the tunic to me are really telling. Same tunic imo. J
                    Attached Files

Comment

OP, congrats on a fantastic tunic plus your leather overcoat is just to die for! These two pieces are better than an IRA...they won't go down in value. And thank you for your willingness to undergo such intense dissection. Makes us all much better observers and less likely to get ripped off like so many here have already. Hopefully you'll continue sharing future info/updates on these amazing items!

Comment

A truly fantastic historical discovery, which will make some giddy with excitement and others nauseated with envy. A big congratulations, and thank you for bringing it forward to the collecting community on this site.

Comment

Hi,
                          Is there a page missing from this thread? I'm sure I left a post a couple of hours ago!
                          Rigsby

Comment

Yes , I think 14 and 15 are gone , I don’t know why , was going to reply to a post and the post was gone ????

Comment

Two pages. Hopefully the mods are just cleaning it up.

Don
                              Last edited by DonC; 09-08-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

That's odd! I asked in my post about the background of the vet who's grandson you were at school with, do you have any of his unit info? Would be nice to get some historical background on your tunic and greatcoat!!
                                Cheers,
                                Rigsby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X