SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonC View Post
    Hopefully the mods are just cleaning it up.

Don
    Hello Don , per our earlier conversation , post number 85 I said I believe it is wolff . I kinda knew better than to start the post off stating it WAS Karl wolffs or even that I believed it was , look at all the flak , could you imagine what would’ve went on had I started it like that ??
    thanks for all of your input btw , I appreciate yours and everyone’s opinions on here whether positive or otherwise .

Comment

Originally posted by Rigsby View Post
      That's odd! I asked in my post about the background of the vet who's grandson you were at school with, do you have any of his unit info? Would be nice to get some historical background on your tunic and greatcoat!!
      Cheers,
      Rigsby.
      I am going to be really digging into that shortly , there will be updates when I do for sure . Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
        Two pages. Hopefully the mods are just cleaning it up.

Don
        Whoever is “ cleaning out “ a post of mine commenting on combat wear vs. environmental wear were edited out . Old rusty26 didn’t get ornery like I do and some of his posts appear edited out unless it’s a glitch ?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

Whoever is “ cleaning out “ a post of mine commenting on combat wear vs. environmental wear were edited out . Old rusty26 didn’t get ornery like I do and some of his posts appear edited out unless it’s a glitch ?
          Idk what’s going on , I haven’t removed anything . Really odd , I was actually in the process of replying to a post and it just disappeared , refreshed and more were gone ??

Comment

Personal opinion, it is unquestionably the same tunic. Among the other features like the tabs and loops (which I think is a product of angle and enlarging the period image) you can see a crease coming off the buttonhole that is at the bottom of the pocket that extends from the buttonhole to just below the pocket. This is evident in the period image of Wolff, and in the current pics.

Congratulations on a pair of supremely rare items

vr

Bob

Comment

Comment

Posts 9, 25, 33, 43, 44, 45,62,73,144,146,172 and 174 of mine are missing and only a few of those I was a little off topic .

Comment

Well, it made it to the contractually required 10+ pages of posts on the SS Forum, so that can't be it...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    Posts 9, 25, 33, 43, 44, 45,62,73,144,146,172 and 174 of mine are missing and only a few of those I was a little off topic .
                    I lost the posts between myself and Don on the forum , and a couple others , now I’m trying to post some pictures of it on a hanger and of the bottom pockets that someone asked for and it won’t let me post them ,says they’re too big ? Same format I’ve been using ?

Comment

Well that's messed up continuallity a little, my missing post was from about 4 hours ago and was just a question about the vet! Although I may have started it with a little sarcasm.
                      Rigsby

Comment

My post is missing. I said I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it really does appear to be the same tunic. Also, the angular difference between the two photos could easily account for certain parts not lining up the same. Amazing to see such a piece!!

Comment

I think they switched servers and some data may have been lost in the process ?

Comment

Another thread ruined by censorship.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X