SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

this last picture is taken on October 29, 1941, at the Hradcany Castle in Prague.

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince is correct.

Don

Comment

Ok thanks, I was way out, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post

Agreed...I was a nay sayer but it's the Wolff tunic and I suspect the leather coat is good too. Is the tunic sold ?
          No , it’s not for sale at this time .

Comment

From the same day? 1941?
            Attached Files

Comment

Old Rusty, can I ask how the family was storing this to cause such incredible damage? I've gotten many a SS uniform from vet's with some damage but none quite this damaged from just storage. Do you think it was obtained in a rough state when the vet had gotten it? Was it this rough when you saw it as a kid perhaps?

Comment

I've read the thread a number of times and found it interesting, even more interesting is members opinions or lack of them on a leather nsdap armband. Boy if that was posted by itself I'm sure comments would be flying thick here on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by HowardC View Post
                  Old Rusty, can I ask how the family was storing this to cause such incredible damage? I've gotten many a SS uniform from vet's with some damage but none quite this damaged from just storage. Do you think it was obtained in a rough state when the vet had gotten it? Was it this rough when you saw it as a kid perhaps?
                  Yes it was this rough , they were stored in their hunting camp , the first time I saw the leather coat , the kid was wearing it out for Halloween ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    From the same day? 1941?
                    Yes, or within a day or two - That's the courtyard of Hradcany Castle in Prague.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                      Another thread ruined by censorship.
                      There was no censorship. The server was updated with a new and hopefully much faster one. In the process some posts and threads were lost.
                      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

The wartime photos of the leather coats being worn show all gray leather coats being worn. I have seen that series many times and the colors may be more obvious in print than digital.

the photos of the black leather coats from mid 30s with Himmler and Wolff show the Generals style which were made with the silver-white lapels that I mentioned earlier. These may have been authorized for standartenfhr and above not sure. A very few of this senior pattern are known to exist but I think the lower Officer type is much rarer both then and now

Comment

is there a button under the coats shoulder board or maybe its visible there was once a button placed?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                            is there a button under the coats shoulder board or maybe its visible there was once a button placed?
                            Yes there is a button nearest the shoulder underneath, what was it for ?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Oldrusty26; 09-09-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
                              I'm kinda waiting for 'Alfred Beck' to magically reappear out of the blue again soon to say he's put the whole thing together some time ago...
                              Alfred Beck, that reminds me something. Ah yes, here it is, it is him who does very beautiful sewing work.
                              In any case, a great find and a tremendous piece of history

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post

Yes there is a button nearest the shoulder underneath, what was it for ?
                                It's for an Adjutants aiguilettes (silver cords)

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X