Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a piece recently from Bill Shea - it was high quality.

Comment

Very nice guys! I am excited to see the portfolio that comes with it too

Comment

Congrats to all new owners! A great Easter present!!

Br. James

Comment

Hello Gents!

As my recent post is connected to this thread I post a heads up here and a link.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=796635

Cheers
          //Felix

Comment

I also post here what I belive to be a Adolf Hitler formal pattern napkin, but I need opinions. Just bought this one and opinions are welcome. Please view previous by me.

Cheers
            //Felix
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johninhb View Post
              I had to 'give away' my remaining formal/informal 'AH' silverware for $900 each at the SOS, so that will give everyone an idea of the 'real value' at the moment per piece.
              That's a loss for me of $200-$395 each on most, and a $500 loss on one; the formal 'ice cream' spoon that I paid $1400 for. Lesson learned, but at quite a price!
              Don't pay this $1200+ crap, as you'll never get it back....at least not in this decade.
              I wish I'd known that you had some for sale. I've been sort of looking for an informal AH dinner fork for a decent price for a while now to go with a spoon and knife I picked up years ago (when they were relatively inexpensive).
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Brent has some nice AH salt and pepper shakers for sale!

Comment

Selling this Berchtesgaden issue of Yank! Would look great with a AH silver collection!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6889875
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I'm a day late on posting this but I thought you guys would be interested as I don't think I've shown this before.

This was a hand painted plate given to Hitler on his birthday in 1934, signed S Stork for Sofie Stork - a Munich artist, friend of Hitler's and Eva Braun's and member of the Berghof inner circle.

From the photo archive research I have done, I'm almost certain she gave Hitler a handmade item each year. In his office, was a lampshade also painted by her. One of her pieces is also on display in the 45th Infantry Division in Oklahoma.

Stork also painted a set for Eva Braun's villa in Munich.

I'm pretty certain the front of the plate shows Frederick the Great, possibly as the Battle of Rossbach. But the historians among us will, I hope, correct me if I am wrong!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice CPB and the Stork pieces are very special and hard to find.

Comment

Like the Stork plates - not all over the place like the silverware.

Comment

CPB, how many Stork plates do you have in your collection?

Comment

Over the years, I have acquired three. There are others out there, but they very rarely come to the market.

Comment

Some background info to Sofie Stork.
                              Attached Files

Comment

And here is a close-up of a panel from the lamp shade in Hitler's Berghof study, also painted by Sofie Stork. This is in another collection somewhere.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X