X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have anything new lately?

Comment

Nothing new here, but I see that Brent Smith still has a fine selection of AH and related tableware on his website!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

So what do you guys think about the prices of AH tableware? Just when you start seeing lower prices on some websites, you see higher prices on others. Are prices rising or falling? Very hard to figure out if this is long time collectors selling their hoards, or a number of new collectors getting in on the field.

Comment

I see dealers still asking in the $1400 and up range. There were some pieces available on the e-stand not to long ago that took a while to sell. Prices were around the $1100 mark at lowest, though I thought one piece went under $1000. Most did eventually sell but we will never know if it was at the posted price or a "best offer" the sellers received.
          Richard V

Comment

Hi BrianK,

I really don't spend much time thinking about the prices of AH tableware. When I got into this genre of TR collecting, I began with a dessert fork in the AH Informal Pattern...and this because it was the first such piece I had seen for sale, the design was quite appealing to me, and the piece was offered at a price I could afford at that time...probably about 10-15 years ago. When I got the piece in hand, I really became hooked on the simplicity of the design and determined then and there to try and put together as complete a place-setting in the AH Informal Pattern as I could. I completed that long-term project a couple of years ago, when I finally bought the seventh piece in that pattern.

I really don't know whether I own an example of every piece that originally constituted a typical place-setting in the Informal Pattern since that depended upon which meal of the day the table was being set for, but I have been quite happy in attaining my goal over time!

The least I ever paid for a piece of the AH Informal Pattern was that first one, a dessert fork @ $400, and the most I've paid was $1,200 for a luncheon knife, which I consider to be much rarer than the dinner knife in the same pattern. (I paid $600 for my dinner knife!) And again, these prices ranged over about 15 years, and the rate of inflation surely played a part in those prices.

Hope this is helpful information. And as I said at the beginning, I never based my buying on the price; given that these items are all historic artifacts, IMO there is no such thing as waiting for a competitor to give you a 'better price' -- if you wait for that, you may never attain any goal!

Cheers, and happy collecting,

Br. James

Comment

For me I buy what I like, and its always worked out. My 1st example was a AH formal large dinner fork. Paid $400.00 7 years ago. Wish I bought more back then!

Comment

Note the coffee pot and creamer on the table! Cool stuff.....
                Attached Files

Comment

my stuff.
                  Attached Files

Comment

VERY cool stuff!! The photo makes the case perfectly! Congrats, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

note the oval silver tray behind the army guy on the wall.

Comment

It looks like whoever took the photo put his camera case on it.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

A most impressive AH silver display Eric!

Comment

Whether the prices are rising or falling AH ware seems to be a steady seller. You are dedicated Mr. Von Rader!

Comment

The Photo: "Helly Angel identified the first man on the left as Walter Hewel, and the woman on the left was indeed Eva Braun.

Christa Schroeder identified a couple others in her memoirs Er war mein Chef (German edition, 1992). Next to Hewel was Karl Wolff, and the closest man was Hans Pfeiffer. Frau Schroeder didn't identify the Heer officer on the right. I wonder who he was, mixed in with all those SS adjutants? He seems to appear in some other photos showing adjutants and personnel in Hitler's inner circle."

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...8208&start=795
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Eric Von Rader; 07-29-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Great pieces Eric, congrats.

I would have said that was Gretl though, not Eva – but in some shots, they are almost indistinguishable.

Neat touch, leaving the case on the tray.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X