Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent, i don't know where you find these treasures but keep them coming!

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Before we know it Brent will have all the formal pieces

Comment

Are the AH coasters formal or informal?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            Are the AH coasters formal or informal?
            Thinking both due to only one style of coaster that's known.

Comment

Remember that the terms Formal and Informal are just collector terms. Back then, pieces wouldn't have been produced to be one or the other

Comment

How much of this silverware was made? It seems like he had enough to service all of Europe at once.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nobody knows for sure, but maybe 5000 formal pattern and perhaps 1-2000 informal. Just a guess based on what we know. Trays, coasters and serving bowls are less common. Plus thousands of gift pieces.

Comment

Here's a look at my formal/informal collection of 8 'AH' Silverware

Hi everyone,

I thought that I would share images of my collection of 8 original 'AH' silverware pieces before I list them on e-stand. All have been purchased this year from well know dealers, and forum members:

(3) from Bill Shea, (3) from Brent and (2) from another well respected WAF member.

Formal:

(1) Demitasse spoon
                    (2) Demitasse forks
                    (1) Ice Cream spoon
                    (2) Luncheon forks

Informal:

(1) Demitasse spoon
                    (1) Luncheon fork

I love these items, but must regretfully use funds invested in them for something else.

Here are the images, I hope that you like them!
                    John
                    Attached Files

Comment

Backsides.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

All nice pieces and a shame that you have to part with them but you should no trouble finding them new homes

Comment

Nice collection! Sorry to hear you have to let them go though. I actually have a Firmal fork on layaway currently with Bill Shea.

Comment

Thanks guys

Yes, I really wanted to hold on to these, but sadly too many other issues need attention. Maybe I'll be able to restore similar ones to my collection in the future.
                            If you love something....let it go....if it comes back.......(well, you know how it goes....ha!)

And yes, Bill Shea & his family are great people and a pleasure to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              How much of this silverware was made? It seems like he had enough to service all of Europe at once.

Bob Hritz
                              There is even enough for sale online to service all of Europe at once.

Comment

Hello, this is a little off topic but I was searching youtube and came across Hitler and a group of people at a lunch table and was wondering if anyone could identify the napkin Hitler clearly unfolds in the video, I don't know how to show a screen shot, just click this link and watch for yourself(you can reply in slow mo to see it's details better) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oy8k...ailpage#t=2341
                                P.S. Seems like a good documentary but it's in German!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X