• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recling Nude

Attached Files

Comment

Peter,

That´s a piece from Karlsruher Majolika - at first glance early 50ties I´d say.
      Definitely still heavily inspired by period production pieces like it was common habit and practice after 1945, among others Fritz Klimsch was one well-known artist doing so.

Comment

thanks for the comments on the ring.

"Sippenring" was the word i was looking for thanks

Andreas
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
          thanks for the comments on the ring.

"Sippenring" was the word i was looking for thanks

Andreas
          An interesring ring Andreas....may have some ahnenerbe connection perhaps.

Comment

Nude

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Peter,

That´s a piece from Karlsruher Majolika - at first glance early 50ties I´d say.
            Definitely still heavily inspired by period production pieces like it was common habit and practice after 1945, among others Fritz Klimsch was one well-known artist doing so.
            Hi Thorsten,
            Thank you for your comment. I think I remember seeing a similar piece in an Antique shop in Munich. It definately has a 3R influence IMO and as you pointed out.
            Regards, Peter

Comment

Getting back to SS cultural items - here are a few shots of another very well-preserved tapestry:

It´s pattern is called "Nordisches Meer" = Nordic Sea and - among other tapestries designed by Hablik-Lindemann and distributed by the DHW - one example was exhibited within the "2. Deutsche Architektur- und Kunsthandwerk-Ausstellung" (= 2. German Architecture- and Arts and Crafts-exhibition) which took place in the well-known Haus der Deutschen Kunst (=House of German Art) in Munich from 10th of December 1938 - 10th of April 1939.
              Attached Files

Comment

The pattern in detail:
                Attached Files

Comment

And the reverse:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Due to the fact that almost anything depicted in this pattern was banned by the occupying forces and foreign administration there is no doubt that this specific pattern was not produced after the loss of the Reich anymore.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank to Steve T for bringing this pattern to light!!

Comment

Yeah, we both got them at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Getting back to SS cultural items - here are a few shots of another very well-preserved tapestry:

It´s pattern is called "Nordisches Meer" = Nordic Sea and - among other tapestries designed by Hablik-Lindemann and distributed by the DHW - one example was exhibited within the "2. Deutsche Architektur- und Kunsthandwerk-Ausstellung" (= 2. German Architecture- and Arts and Crafts-exhibition) which took place in the well-known Haus der Deutschen Kunst (=House of German Art) in Munich from 10th of December 1938 - 10th of April 1939.
                          Can you show us this tapestry in a reference to the above? You have a photo of it at the exhibition?

HL produced much grander Wiking designs than this and I wonder if these huge grander pieces were exhibited, like the three panel 'Wikingboote' pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                            Can you show us this tapestry in a reference to the above? You have a photo of it at the exhibition?
                            I can make a shot of that specific page within the companion volume of mentioned exhibition where HL´s exhibited tapestries are listed with numbers and names.

I took the booklet in hand and actually have to correct myself:

The exact name is "Nördliches Meer" (= Northern sea) - another one of her pieces exhibited next to it is listed with the name "Segelschiff" (= sailing ship).

As you may know the DHW was part of this exhibition and at least one of their exhibited pieces - although not their top-of-the-line model which was also on display - is indeed visable on a pic published in the mentioned companion volume.

Comment

Here's the HL "Wikingboote", a huge piece.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sharing - that´s obviously from the first Architecture- and Arts and Crafts-exhibition.

Three full-size tapestries "melted" as a Tryptichon - fine concept!

Either a unique piece ordered for a specific official or private representative room/hall or manufactured in pretty low numbers - if I remember correctly you mentioned first that HL was responsible for the design of the DHW tapestries and I thought the same way, by looking at this example of her own style one has to wonder if that statement needs to be revised.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X