Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when I came once back home to my German hometown family visit our neighbour woman gave an original old "Plätzchen" form, that was then the result.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a shot of a side of a building taken recently (photo credit. G.Eims).

It's the same script as written on Hochzeitsteller, as per the one I've shown in this thread.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Steve T; 08-17-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
        Of cultural interest perhaps.

Comment

Thanks Etienne..

I don't have a picture of the happy couple but here's the happy man

Comment

Typical and common wall painting for the southern and southern eastern Bavaria area, many things are absolute normal to see and to find before the III.Reich era and after till to current days as this is part of the German culture.

Comment

all that is "Folkish" is not always SS or TR

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
              Typical and common wall painting for the southern and southern eastern Bavaria area, many things are absolute normal to see and to find before the III.Reich era and after till to current days as this is part of the German culture.
              Amen.
              not all that is folksy looking Bauern (farm motifs) , Maerchen und Sagen kunst (fairy tales,Sagas images) or for that matter, Alt Trachten schmuck or schnitzte Holz ( traditional garb , jewelry and carved wood objects) is TR in general or SS in particular.

Some things are.
              Others are not.

Comment

What a great thread with wonderful items. I will show my items to the next time, but as the packed away it will take some days. Here is a candle holder, as i remember a similar one is shown in the SS "Die Familie im Wandel..." book.

Dirk

Last edited by Theoderich; 08-18-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post

Note the volkish pattern of the upholstery. We have seen this in Jule banners and in carvings of volkish furniture. I believe this was the volkish movement back to the roots of Germania.

Bob Hritz
                  I'm glad this discussion has turned to upholstery just as I need to ask a question about such.

I have a pair of these chairs that were made in either Germany or Northern Europe pre-'45. Dunno if they are Deutsches Heimatwerk products or not, but they certainly has similarities (minus the Nordic mäander design) to some of the sturdier lounge chairs that DH produced. It is a research project in progress I suppose (if anyone has any pics of a similar chair it would be appreciated).

they were clearly reupholstered in the 1960s with some sort of blue vinyl material, and I'm looking for something more appropriate. The closest I've found is this Medieval-influenced tapestry pattern that reminiscent, but still looks a tad more French than German. Alternately, I might go for a plain leather (or simulated leather - I don't want to spend a fortune here on objects I haven't confirmed, and will primarily be used as furniture in my home), which would be less distracting from the form of the chairs. Does anyone have any suggestions, or a source for more accurate fabric?

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mr. Scratch; 08-18-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Pics of the nearest upholstery pattern I could find:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Remember when I came once back home to my German hometown family visit our neighbour woman gave an original old "Plätzchen" form, that was then the result.
                      Robert,

I hope those cookies will be offered at your table at next years SOS! I'm sure it would attract lots of customers and maybe a few whackos, which are always fun to watch.

Richard

Comment

not sure if i would say ss, most publications i have seen (wienachten book of 1943, a vlormingboden book i have seen also has 3). In a book I have read recently mentions the refrence of 3 candles

"This first candle, is for all the brave men who have given their lives for our country. They were willing to die so that Germany could rise to her rightful place among the nations"

"The second candle, We who survive the battle will enjoy life becaise of the sacrifices of others. We are marching speedily to our goal"

"The third candle, is for the family"

I could be wrong beautiful candle holder though.

Originally posted by Theoderich View Post

What a great thread with wonderful items. I will show my items to the next time, but as the packed away it will take some days. Here is a candle holder, as i remember a similar one is shown in the SS "Die Familie im Wandel..." book.

Dirk

Comment

Yes indeed, I've seen them myself when in Germany. Many people probably don't realise this though. I posted it it for this reason, some TR culture is just German culture.

Comment

The single candle holder is quite interesting too.. quoted from the page on The German Propaganda Archive:

'The cradle festival, the celebration of the birth of a child conducted within a small family circle, is something new for many people. We are convinced that this is something fathers must take on once again. We do not want to imitate a church ritual, although we realize that the church did not hesitate in the past to imitate the customs of our ancestors. It was an old custom to light a fire for the new born child. It grew out of the idea that life is like a fire. ..........
                            In place of the child in the illustration to the right, the ancient life rune stands, with an arc on both sides that surround it, just as parents surround and protect a child..'
                            While his organization encouraged the expansion of the new cultural thought, the RFSS himself was not above reverting to tradition in presenting Christening Cups such as this one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is it a present for the birth of a child?

Comment

Usually that is what a Christening cup denotes; the child's fist cup from which to drink. This one is engraved with the name and birthdate on the side opposite of Himmler's signature. And hallmarked on the bottom.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X