Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this hobby everyone is entitled to have his own opinion on things. When one has a theory, he probably has his reasons and thoughts for it and it would be very helpfull if posted. If backed up with period documentation there is more proove that the theory is right.

This thread contains many theories and they should be respected, although there is nothing wrong with a debate as long as it stays civil.
    I have been following it since the start and really enjoy the items shown; there are some real gems shown by different people and this thread has created a contribution to awareness of Third Reich culture, comming from Germany's rich past.
    In the end one needs to form his own opinion on the items, carefully weighting other knowledge. So if it comes to a possible buy only your own opinion on the background, timeframe etc. counts, no mather what a description says; SS or just German culture. If you are willing to pay the price for it you find it worth it, right? No matter what the descripton.
    I hope my words make sence and in not defending or attacking anyone in particulair.

Do your own thinking, stop fighting and post some nice items!

Comment

Well said and here we go:

A complete DHW dining room - Happy collecting.
      Attached Files

Comment

One of the typical luxurious DHW tables - in opposite to the DHW furniture booklet some of the tables could be ordered and manufactured as extendable versions.

As it is with most fine collectibles: If collectors only collect "textbook" - they simply miss great opportunities and special items like these.
        Attached Files

Comment

The same has to be said and taken into account by looking at the different versions of DHW sideboards:

The DHW was in existence from 1933 - 1945; within these twelve years a lot changed, was re-developed, modernized and simply an on-going process of cultural development as we all know or at least: as we all can imagine.

All collectibles have to be seen like said, especially when invented, brought forward and launched in society and market by perfectionists!

Another famous example: Although a "simple" piece and also officially in production for at least 10 years even the Julleuchter was never just one and the same and to explore and find the uncommon, unknown pieces - THAT is the thrill in this hobby, at least for me.

Here we have a sideboard with uniquely shaped wrought iron hinges and fittings - enjoy.
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Thorsten, we should all look past text book examples. This site has much to do with the SS as the dhw does from a overall perspective:

http://www.demejico.com/catalog/furn...FSFyQgodZ3kAqA

And you can re-decorate your home to give it that urban look.

Comment

Of course, textbook examples are never any good, only Thorsten is right.

Still waiting for a reply to my questions by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                Of course, textbook examples are never any good, only Thorsten is right.

Still waiting for a reply to my questions by the way...
                Does this a lot.Stirs the pot with some outrageous BS ,doesnt
                get his a** kissed,crawls back under his rock waiting for everyone to
                calm down,then starts his distortions all over again.
                Just put him on your "Ignore list" as suggested earlier by another
                Seiler

Comment

And here my last SS wedding plate - a real gem of practiced SS religion.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The back of this significant and unique period SS cultural highlight.

And the second pic shows two SS cultural highlights together.

Happy collecting!
                    Attached Files

Comment

All this voelkische Handwerkskunst just seems to need a crafty worker to be made,IF a piece of furniture was really made by DHW wouldnt it be marked in some way?

Comment

No - they are not marked in any way.

All you have to do is doing research by their official booklets and other period documentation about them - after you managed to find the first DHW furniture piece you gotta examine it and you will quickly realize and value how extraordinary the period construction and quality really is.

It is an amazing field of collecting!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          And here my last SS wedding plate - a real gem of practiced SS religion.
                          Feels like I read that sentence from you now more than 100 times before.."my last wedding plate..blabla". ...so when will you finally stop then??!!

Btw, I find this plate looks fairly unattractive..or like a self made piece..
                          Seems like you changed your wood carpenter?!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                            I agree with Thorsten, we should all look past text book examples. This site has much to do with the SS as the dhw does from a overall perspective:

http://www.demejico.com/catalog/furn...FSFyQgodZ3kAqA

And you can re-decorate your home to give it that urban look.

I very much like some of that newly made furniture!!
                            ...so many - (O Tone: .." uniquely wrought iron;-)" )

Comment

DHW pieces are simply a class of it´s own and certainly not comparable in any way to the shown new stuff.

Comment

That plate is fresh from the woodcarver...again!

Conveniently an unsharp picture of that Gahr brooch again. How many times you were asked questions to post better pics and explain why there are differences to the same Gahr brooch posted in period publications? Suppose a good close up would reveal a lot...

I find one thing very amusing:

[quote[All you have to do is doing research by their official booklets and other period documentation about them[/quote]

This coming from you is hilarious The items you post differ so much from period publications that it's a bad joke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X