Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this silver original "snake" wheel today. One of the Christmas gift for my wife!

it already has a silver copy of the sun wheel 4 head of horses....

Last edited by roche; 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

What is that supposed to represent on the back of the first brooch?

A faked Gahr stamp as it seems.

Comment

Some more pieces from my collection:
        Attached Files

Comment

The well-known Edda citation which is known to have been used by the SS as a carved dedication on period cultural plates.
          Attached Files

Comment

A very well made period wrought iron cultural candleholder - a wedding candleholder in my book since two cups are typical to represent the couple.
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics which illustrate the fine construction and condition.
              Attached Files

Comment

Already due to their material meaningful cultural symbols of blood and soil:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  A very well made period wrought iron cultural candleholder - a wedding candleholder in my book since two cups are typical to represent the couple.
                  what period documentation shows this exact item in use during TR era?

It would be great for those interested to know how this exact candleholder has a definite tie to TR era use, much less by which specific group within that era.

Did any booklets write it up? Any photos showing it in use during TR era?

Comment

Willrich brooch

Gaston/jabnus,

this one is for you...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dear Capt.R,

thats an interesting drawing, thank you for showing. Is this perhaps from one of the Willrich drawing (related) books?

I wrote a chapter on Dutch wartime brooches for my soon to be published book on NSB and Dutch SS awards and am each time when something new surfaces surprised to see what has all been made up untill 1945. One can only imagine the many many cultural jewelry that must have been made in Germany. It would be very interesting if a brooch like this would ever show up for real! Very nice picture!

Best regards,
                      Gaston

Comment

Another piece of iron, along with Allach 89's which were finished to look like metal.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is a very fine piece of iron!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                            That is a very fine piece of iron!
                            Thanks, I like it too, especially the oakleaf cups and the feet, being stylistically very much like the Allach Leuchter. Probably a one off gift to the man, Lieutenant Colonel Hermann of 290th Grenadier Regiment, the number clearly visible on the engraved shoulder pieces.

Comment

Here the biggest collection of Wolfgang Willrich's work in the World
                              http://www.galleria.thule-italia.com/willrich.html
                              Here
                              http://www.galleria.thule-italia.com/velhagen.html
                              you will find also that one

it was printed in the montly magazine "Verhagen & Klasing"
                              August n.53 - 1939
                              in the article
                              Konrad Nonn
                              Der Maler Wolfgang Willrich
                              You can read it here:
                              http://www.galleria.thule-italia.com.../Testi2/vk.pdf
                              Best regard. Harm

Comment

@Jabnus: When will your book be published.I would be very interested in a copy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X