X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    OK - these are some typical examples in wrought iron now - enjoy:
    There are still blacksmith's shops around today making these.

Comment

Really?

Then please post them - I would love to see more of such quality!

It is really too bad that iron cultural pieces cannot be so easily detected as being manufactured nowadays or in the period - whereas wooden cultural pieces like SS MK boxes can be checked of it´s age without any doubt.

Comment

Thorsten, this thread started out discussing SS cultural items, as it is classified under an SS Forum. I think it has lost its path, as now it has opened up into a seeming flea market of decorative pieces and such. With a printed illustration from a period school history class added, shall we now post copies of Der Schulungsbrief and period textbooks? It is all part of the culture. It was an interesting read at first, but the material has changed. I leave you to your platform.

Comment

"A couple of cultural items" - not necessarily only SS items

"Probably not SS related but they're kinda connected IMO . The first is a Erbhof plaque that was put on gates of Aryan farms showing their heritage in accordance to the Erbhof law. The second piece is a cool Bread Plate that will go in my Yule corner later this year."

This is how this thread started - so I don´t get what your problem is.

From what I can see many different collectors share their opinions, pics of their pieces and from other outstanding objects they saw or heard about - some are more or directly related to the SS while others are not.

This is due to the number of hits, comments, interested collectors, dealers and everybody who admires art of the period a very informative and successful one.

This is where collectors come together - a platform for everybody.

Comment

Granted the Erbhof sign started the thread. I dont know much about them but i can assume it was under the blut und boden group. That group was lead by Darre. So it is tied in to ss.

The items from the DHW would have been done by the RAD im guessing or another gov' agency to produce products by the gov for the people. Quality of quanity on posts/images will produce higher results.

Comment

I just like it when diferent or strange ''things'' appear in this thread.The recent plate from Michael,the leuchters from Thorsten,the tapestries and the schoolplate are for me all ''cultural'' things.
              In my opinion is better to keep all these items in one thread then in 100 of different ones.

Etienne

Comment

although it shows the culture that they were trying to revive. this thread still is currently quanity of quality with people dumping images of items that are not of the SS culture.

Comment

Here is more SS culture for you:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maker Mark?

Does anyone recognise or know of this maker? Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                      I just like it when diferent or strange ''things'' appear in this thread.The recent plate from Michael,the leuchters from Thorsten,the tapestries and the schoolplate are for me all ''cultural'' things.
                      In my opinion is better to keep all these items in one thread then in 100 of different ones.

Etienne
                      I'm with Etienne, I like the diversity and and learning about the more general culture of the period, it surely helps us understand the more specific SS culture to some degree.

Here's an article from the NS-Briefe, not a specific SS publication but it talks of SS and surely relates to our cultural interest.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Steve T; 04-02-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hey that's great TB. So this would be SS Kultur too?

Comment

Joe - for sure it is!

Pure as it can be - made by the SS and only for the inner circle of the SS.

Can´t be better, can it?

Not to forget the provenance...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            Hey that's great TB. So this would be SS Kultur too?

Comment

What is it ???

Originally posted by ErichS View Post

ES:
                              What is it? Looks familiar.
                              OFW
                              sigpic
                              .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
                                ES:
                                What is it? Looks familiar.
                                OFW
                                A very rare Allach desk set.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 258 users online. 0 members and 258 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X