X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another with POW's being transported to a POW camp
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few more pics that I just received in a Photo album belonging to a Medic in the 11th Armored Division. German Troops surrendering to the Medics of the 11th AD...The German transportation are wooden wagons...late war March/April 1945.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a large group of German prisoners that just surrendered to the 11th AD
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is one, unfortunately, I do not know in whose captivity these men are.

Erich Craciun
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of Fallschirmgefreiter Friedrich Engstermann, taken prisoner in Italy. He is picture here in US winter gear in Camp Greely, Colorado.
            Attached Files

Comment

Erich,

Nice pics!! Thanks for sharing them!!! Always like the FJ pics!! Bill

Comment

These assault gun men are surrenduring to Canadian soldiers.
                Last edited by Thomas Schwend; 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Some photos from my collection. Taken by an US soldier in Germany in 1945.

PHOTO 1:
                  Written Near Rausch, Germany, SS Prisoners, Sgt. Van Hook

Comment

PHOTO 2:
                    Written "German Prisoners being marched back accompanied by guards"

Comment

PHOTO 3:
                      Written "We saw a lot of prisoners along the roads like this and lots of times there were no guards with them. We just passed them back to the MPs"

Last edited by Battler; 11-11-2004, 12:20 PM.

Comment

What is the uniform of the pow in the third photo ?

Comment

It looks like he is wearing a large size pair of trousers with his four pocket uniform tucked into those trousers hard to tell what kind they are...at first glance I thought they were winter trousers but I didn't see any pocket flaps. Bill

Comment

Here is a rare portrait picture...and inscription on the reverse that identifes the camp he was being held at as well. Unteresting that the Totenkopfe have been removed, and the breast eagle looks like a fabricated one for the picture.
                            Attached Files
                            CSP

sigpic

Comment

reverse
                              Attached Files
                              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hi Scott,

Very Nice pic!!! Do you know where Camp Ellis was located? Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X