No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW Camp 18 corner of the camp with the River flowing nearby...Quite the holiday resort.
    Attached Files

Comment

POW Camp 18 - Prisoners from back row Right to Left are Arch, Loewer, Unk, Freihoefer, Mueller, Seiler. Front row from Right to Left Franke, Loehr, Lassen Merkle (Lt. Dr and owner of the photos has M43 cap in his hand and on his lap)
      Attached Files

Comment

POW Camp 18 Lt Dr. Merkle is standing in the back row first on the right.
        Attached Files

Comment

POW Camp 18 Lt. Dr. Merkle is standing 6th from the right back row.
          Attached Files

Comment

POW Camp 18 Lt. Dr. Merkle sitting in front row 1st on the right
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's one for the thread. Unfortunately, no description on back. Can anyone ID this guy? He has a distinguished look to him that I'm hoping someone will recognize. This one came from a grouping of private photos showing some of the Third Reich's top leaders and personalities as POWs. I posted one earlier in the thread showing Franz von Pappen with 2 other unidentified people as POWs. Your opinions please....

-Chuck
              Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Chuck,

Sorry I can't help you on this pic!! Unknown POW unless his name is written on the reverse.

Here are some more POW camp pics location unknown in Germany. I cannot make out the Patch of the GI Guard.
                Attached Files

Comment

POW's marching into their new home!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

The same POW Camp location unknown
                    Attached Files

Comment

another shot of the POW Camp location unknown
                      Attached Files

Comment

POW's pulling KP duty in the camp
                        Attached Files

Comment

Finally my friend Jeff Scott got off his butt and sent me the reverse of pic #159 which has the KC winner GEBJ General and the GEBJ Officer wearing the Lappland shield. Unfortunately it doesn't clear up who the General is but Here it is anyway.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill!

First of all, many thanks for posting the reverse of the General's pic. This in fact does clear up his identity - he is not actually a GBJ General but General der Artillerie Wilhelm Fahrmbacher. His name appears on the pic as "Farmbacher, Garmisch Partenkirchen", which is where W. Fahrmbacher died in 1970. If you look at this site, you will see Fahrmbacher wearing the Edelweiss on the other side of his tunic, nevertheless the face matches.

http://www.geocities.com/%7Eorion47/...-Heer_E-F.html

Regards,

VJK

Comment

VJK,

Glad to be of help. Just as a reminder please keep in mind that photos belonging those who have posted them on the thread...belong to them and if anyone needs to use these photos for any purpose please contact us for permission. Thanks

Here is one of my recent pickups. A Fallschirmjaeger POW in USA

Comment

reverse side of FJ POW in USA
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X