No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a nice POW pic from a friend John Carr.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yup, I mean the first 2. I'm surprised no one responded to the grouping I posted in the Achtung Panzer! forum. There were some neat shots especially the one with the berets placed on top of the crosses.

Originally posted by W Petz
      Chuck,

Do you mean the first two pics?? I didn't see any pics after the razor kit!!! Great shots!! Thanks again for posting them on this thread. Bill

Comment

Ukrainian Galician Division

Hi

Here are some photos from of my late father who fought for the Ukraininan 14th SS Galician Division. The pictures show POW's from the SS 14th Galician Division in Rimini Italy. Also is a picture of them on a ship being taken to England.

regards

Ivan

Comment

Ivan,

Really nice SS POW pics!!! Thanks for sharing those pics on this thread!!!

Here are some pics that a friend of mine Jeff Scott allowed me to post on this thread. The portraits are from the POW Camp of Mulsanne / Le Mans in France. unfortunately my friend posted the wrong size of the portrait with other POW's so I asked him to resize and send again. I will post that later once I recieve it. I also asked him to make some close up shots of the GEBJ General.

Here you will notice the General of the Gebirgstruppen. wearing the RK, DK, Bergfuerer Badge, EK1 & Spange and also a wound badge.
          Attached Files

Comment

There is also another interesting shot in the same portrait POW photo. Here is another GEBJ officer wearing an extremely rare Lappland shield
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

Does anyone have any ideas as to the identity of the General?

Regards,

VJK

Comment

VJK,

My friend also forgot to send the reverse of the portrait photo that has the names of the group that are in the photo. He will send it to me today and I will post as soon as I return from San Antonio tonight. Bill

Comment

Many thanks Bill, I look forward to it.

Regards,

VJK

Comment

Here is the group portrait with the RK General of Gebirgstruppen and the Officer wearing the Lappland shield.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is another group shot at the same POW Camp notice the officer on the lower left is also a Gebirgjaeger and is wearing a Kreta Cufftitle.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up of that GEBJ Officer with Kreta Cufftitle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My friend Jeff still hasn't sent me the reverse (where names are written) of the portrait POW Camp postcard with the GEBJ General. Once he does I will post it on this thread. I do have some other German POW Camp pics in the USA with some unusually made object of Art made outside each barracks. I will post them later. Bill

Comment

Forgot to mention that the GEBJ Officer above is also wearing the CCC in Bronze. Bill

Comment

My friend Jeff Scott send these other photos of POW Camp with the following explanation..

These photos belong to a friend of mine, Johannes. Panzer driver captured in Afika. These are some of his photos. Stark difference between US camp(Raston, LA) and the ones in Europe. All barracks made these cool art pieces in their spare time. Some of them are just amazing. He is the man on left in both group photos, one in WH, other in POW camp. He was, later in war, given an Idaho state drivers license that said he could drive on all state roads, also noted that he was a POW. He still has it, I'd never heard of anything like that before, but I've seen it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Art piece in POW Camp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X