No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, what about these characters? They look like allied pow's but I am not sure, could they be german dressed in allied cast offs?.. Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Nice Pic!! Actually they look like German POW's to me. It was not unusual for the Allies to supply darkened (dyed) US or British clothing and boots to POW's. Thanks for sharing - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
        Hi Mike,

Nice Pic!! Actually they look like German POW's to me. It was not unusual for the Allies to supply darkened (dyed) US or British clothing and boots to POW's. Thanks for sharing - Bill
        thanks Bill. I have had this pic for a while and had always wondered. The only thing for sure was the middle guy looks a lot like nic cage.

Comment

Hi,

My German POW Photos:

Italy - 1945 (Brazilians Prisioners)

Moment of the surrender of the 148 German Mountain Division to the FEB (Brazilian Forces in Italy - 1945).

German General Pico (first plan, of coasts):

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Ricardo,

Nice POW pics! Do you have contact with any of the Brazilian veterans? Bill

Comment

Anymore German POW photos out there!! Here is one taken in France.

Comment

German Pow´s

GruĂź
                Stefan

Comment

POW Getto`´s

enclosed a map - pow - getto usa
                  given change of the German armed forces ( Wehrmacht )
                  for collecting tanks surely interesting
                  greeting Hans

Comment

Hi Bill,

I´m honorary member of Brazilian Association of the Veterans of the FEB (Brazilian Expedicionary Force) and Vice-President of Friends Association of Military Museum in my City.

All the Wednesdays I lunch with veterans of the Second War.

OBS: In this monday we will go to commemorate an important brazilian victory in Italy in 1944 (Taken of Monte Castello).

Some images of the assembly of the exposition (they are parts of my private collection):

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Hello Ricardo,

You must have made the Brazilian veterans very happy with such a Great display at the exposition. Thanks for sharing it with us. How many members are in the Association of the FEB? Thanks again for sharing - Bill

Comment

Stefan,

Very nice POW pic taken at the POW Camp of Mulsanne / Le Mans, France. There are always interesting details on uniforms of the POW's in that camp. I noticed the officer to your very right is wearing a AFRIKA cufftitle. Thanks for sharing - Bill

Comment

Hi Folks,

One more...

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

And one captured M42 too...

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Thanx Bill

Here a Detail of the Photo (Sorry my English is not so good )
                              The Soldiers(there wiht the M44 and his Commrade) hafe only one Shoulderboard´s

Here the Soldier wiht the Afrika cufftitle wacht to the Awards (Entnaziefieziert)

Stefan

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awsome pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

regards,
                                nate

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X