• Show
Clear All

emskirchen 5
    Attached Files

Comment

emskirchen 6
      Attached Files

Comment

Great pics Werner. Thanks for your contributions to this thread !
        Richard, let us know when you get that darn scanner working right . Would like to see the rest...

-Chuck
        Last edited by para03; 08-01-2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Richard

Nice pic! Not so unusual to find this type of POW pic especially those in Canada and the USA. Where unifroms and decorations were not taken away. My friend has one with a Knights Cross winner which I will try to post here. Thanks for joining in on the thread and for sharing your photo. - Bill

Werner,
          Great pics!! Thanks for sharing them on this thread, - Bill

Here are some pics taken in Karksbad, Czechoslavakia and the surrounding area showing the flight of small contingents of the German Army in their rush to avoid capture by the Russians and their surrender to Soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division.

Comment

Here are some German Soldiers with Bicycles surrendering outside Karlsbadi, Czechoslavakia

Comment

Sorry for the bad typing I just woke up... the Town is Karlsbad, Czechoslavakia

Some more German troops hot footing it away from the Russians to surrender to American troops of the 1st Infantry Division.

Comment

Here are German Troops still wandering all around the Hotel Schutzenhaus in downtown Karlsbad. The Hotel is still there today in the town renamed Karlovy Vary but in much worse condition.

Comment

Karlsbad, Czechoslavakia. Here is the Commanding General for the area negotiating the surrender of all German Troops with Officers of the 1st Infantry Division.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the same General probably reading the surrender document.
                    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=W Petz]Hi Simon,

I was wondering where you were Mate!!! Thanks for joining in on this thread. I will be starting another thread soon. If you have any German POW photos please post them. Cheers - Bill

Hey, Bill unfortunatley, not holiday, I managed to get to Beltring this year, just me and the dog and met a few forum members there. primarily working away from home though.

This one is most probably only picture relevant to this thread, but, has a warm place in my heart. I will look up his particulars later, but this guy started in the LW, transfered to the FJ and ended up here....
                      Attached Files
                      Regards
                      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

If you are wondering about the details, here's the inscription to the reverse and translations will be greatfully accepted.
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Here are some POW Camp 133, Ottawa, Canada portrait photos.

Comment

POW Camp 133, Ottawa, Canada #2

Comment

POW Camp 133, Ottawa, Canada 30 Aug 1943 Soldat Kumle Mannheim Germany

Comment

POW Camp 133, Ottawa, Canada Gefreiter Grimm, Ilvesheim b. Mannheim, Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X