No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leipzig in Farbe is being delivered to the bookshops this Saturday.... ohh I cant wait to see my first color slide book on the shelves... YIPPEEE

Comment

the publishers text translated to english :-)

Leipzig In Color
      Early Color Photographs: 1937 – 1947
      Collected and edited by Ian Spring and Ronny Ecke
      96 pages with 85 Color images
      24 x 27 cm, Hard cover, Dust Jacket and sewn binding.
      ISBN 978-3-942473-96-5
      19,90 Euro (D), 20,90 Euro (A), 24,90 sFr

http://www.lehmstedt.de/<wbr>spring_leipzig.htm
      Published September 2014
      In 1936 when the first color film became commercially available in Germany, many photographers enthusiastically explored this new technology in colors never seen before. With the exciting opportunities offered by the new medium, amateur photographers passionately captured the the landscape, architecture and everyday life of their world. After many years of collecting, Ian Spring has assembled over 24,000 images that bring an unusual perspective to the world of the 1930’s and 40’s. A special part of his collection is a fascinating grouping of images from Ian’s adopted hometown of Leipzig. These are published here for the first time along with several other early color images from the collection of the Stadtgeschichtlichen Museum, Leipzig (City Museum of History). Ronny Ecke has arranged the images and provided the historical commentary.

Comment

Moderators - is it appropriate to allow this individual's continuous, self-serving announcements for commercial products such as his pay-per-use website and now this book, in the photo section of the forum? Shouldn't such pretentious, veiled solicitations be relegated to the E-Stand instead?

seekwhence

Comment

Big kiss Dave !!!
          Feel the love !!!

Enough people know how long I wanted this book and now how excited I am.
          Thank god I know a lot of the users personnely and call them good friends!!!

So...... Big warm hug to make you feel happy!.... For a change! lol

Ian

Comment

So...... Big warm hug to make you feel happy!....
            Big kiss Dave !!!
            Feel the love !!!
            The only thing I'm feeling after reading your truly bizarre response is extreme nausea...
            Please seek professional help as soon as possible!

seekwhence

Comment

Hi guys.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the guys that were at the release party last night !
              It was a fantastic night and I loved being able to setup my old projector at the end of the night and play some of my old 16mm color war home movies...

Was a dream !!!

Now I have to get back to cleaning... uhhh

Ian :-)

Comment

this collection of color slides came in the post today.
                From Vienna Austria 1941. A wonderful complete set of color slides from a luftwaffe officer and his family.

I will be doing scanning at the weekend and post up some of the nice portraits...

Ian

Comment

here is the first scan from this new batch.... really lovely preserved colours in this set... :-)

Comment

from another new collection.

any idea who these two chaps are... hitler visit to Leoben in Austria 1938 with Himmer ?

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, Ian, but I don't recognize either person in your note #264, but it would be possible that this photo was taken during the Austrian Anschluss. The Political Leader behind the SS-Obersturmführer in the foreground is wearing black piping on his cap, which was in effect until the major uniform code revision of 1939.

Hopefully someone may recognize the scarred face of the SS man; dueling scars like that leave a lasting memory!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks James would be lovely to put names to these two men.

Have a nice day !

Ian

Comment

this is from a new big grouping of a flak soldier based near Paris France 1940 and 1941.
                          Can some one please tell me what model tank is this ?

Thank you.

http://www.pixpast.com/stock-photo/w...nter-9688.html

Comment

That is such a winsy "Gestell"....almost the size of a Bren Carrier. Can't really make it out.

Erich

Comment

Hi Erich !

Here a few more color slides showing the same panzer... might help :-)

Ian

Comment

Impossible to see the tank behind that huge watermark/logo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X