No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is another emblem. this comes from a StuG. it resembles very closly Stg bat. 203 but am not sure. Cheers, mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike

The vehicle at left has the 6 Inf. Division symbol.
      The vehicle in the background has the Panzergruppe 3 symbol on it.

Here's an unknown symbol, similar to 1 Inf. Division but not quite the same.
      Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers
      Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister
        Hi Mike

The vehicle at left has the 6 Inf. Division symbol.
        The vehicle in the background has the Panzergruppe 3 symbol on it.

Larry
        Thanks Larry! I just noted the symbols on the vehicles in the fore ground are the same as ones you posted earlier. Even the the first the numbers of the plates are the same. Take care, Mike

Comment

Could someone help me with this Div symbol? Northern Theatre, Russia. A RKT general was seen stepping out of the command vehicle of the first pic. Second pic is currently on Ebay: something to do with R. Hofmann, RKT. Rudolf Hofman was indeed a RKT general but did not look like the man that stepped out of the vehicle of the first pic. Plus Rudolf spent his career as a CdS of various formations.

I suppose y=thebtactical symbol was that of Div/Btl HQ?

Cheers
          Elwyn

Comment

Hi Elwyn

The symbol looks like the one for 45 Inf. Division. You are correct about the Brigade HQ symbol.

Cheers
            Larry

Comment

Hi Larry,

That was my assumption a long while ago but I couldn't associate it with any RKT general. The general that rolled out from the car in first pic was a rather chubby man.

Cheers
              Elwyn

Comment

i have this pic from Bundesarchiv for a couple of years in my archive now and must have looked at it at least a 100 times, but believe it or not, it wasnt until yesterday that i discovered that the RSO-towed le.FH carries a unit emblem! as many other PK pics from Bundesarchiv the caption is incomplete. what is known here is that it was taken in Albania, Sept. 1943 by KB Grah, PK 693.
                After the Italian surrender on September 8, 1943 German troops moved into Albania. from what i know the 297th Infantry Division occupied Pristina and Prizren in Kosovo. The 100th Jaeger Division occupied Elbasan and Struga in western Macedonia. The 118th Jaeger Division advanced from Niksic and occupied the Albanian coastal areas. but none of these units seem to fit said unit emblem (there is also a large series of pics at the Bundesarchiv depicting 297.Inf.Div. in Albania by PK 666, so that possibility is ruled out).
                any ideas?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by werner geier; 08-14-2006, 01:57 AM.

Comment

detail
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by werner geier; 08-14-2006, 02:03 AM.

Comment

second question: i have a possibly related single amateur pic, that could fit place and timeframe. the emblem seems identical, except the 2 additional stripes. what do you think, same unit? are the stripes perhaps a way to indicate 1. and 3. Batterie?
                    thanks, werner
                    Attached Files

Comment

One more:

Cheers
                      Elwyn

Comment

posted in wrong thread..sorry

Comment

posted in wrong thread...sorry

Comment

Shied on the RSO

The shield on the RSO is that of 3 Batterie/leichte Artillerie-Abteilung 602. The battalion was raised in May 1943 with three batteries. Each battery was identified by the number of stripes; the staff used a disc on the same shield<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

wow, richard, you are the man! thanks very much! i was aware of the disc-in-the-shield emblem of that unit, but hadnt heard of the striped variants before. so we can assume that the shield is red and the stripes are white? btw, where did you dig that info out? looking foward to see your book published.
                              it doesnt fit the thread, but i thought i show you what i bought recently: an A4 page from an officer´s estate with the emblem of the unit the man had served in, 7./Art.Rgt. 7.
                              regards, werner
                              Attached Files

Comment

Just been to the Maginot Line bunker and museum in Hatten in Alsace and they had a couple of ceramic tiles on display with German unit emblems...here is a photo of some of them...being inside the bunker with subdued lighting, the photo quality is quite bad...sorry about that...Cheers, Torsten.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X