Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Hello all. Bill M. made a great suggestion about this type of thread. He has started a thread about unkown vehicles and the identity so it just follows naturally that there is a thread dedicated to unit emblems, and tactical signs. Everyone can contribute and hopefully we will have a great reference here for all of us to utilise......
    I will start with a couple from my collection that have not been ID'd yet.

Mike

Comment

Comment

Here is one unkown from my collection. Any ideas what these symbols mean on this vehicle?
        Attached Files

Comment

Todd, If this photo was taken between 43-45 the tactical symbol would be for a calvary platoon. the other symbols in and around the square would tell what kind of platoon. IE machine gun, stabs, etc...
          AS for the unit emblem I will check that and get back to you.. Mike
          Originally posted by arbeitdienst
          Here is one unkown from my collection. Any ideas what these symbols mean on this vehicle?

Comment

Here's one from my collection. I posted this one before Someone suggested that symbol belonged to LuftGauKommando 'Moscow'. My understanding of this command was that it was created in anticipation of taking Moscow. Members from this unit were then to set up shop in the occupied city. Well, we all know what eventually transpired. Fascinating bit of history any way you look at it. What about the 'B' symbol? What does this signify? If you look closely at the grill, you'll see some damage to the grill. This was from shrapnel or maybe even a couple of rounds. There are a couple of other images in the group that have a close-up of the grill and you can see the damage better.
            Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

and the last one...Any ideas?
              Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

hi all

this emblem is unknow for me, i have several other photos with the same emblem (just the number change).

best regards patrick

Comment

Para03,

It looks like your symbol is indeed Luftgaukommano Moscau according to this site: http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_dat...ngsemblems.htm
                  It is similar to the symbol on the fender of your photo.

Comment

Thanks Todd! Neat sight by the way. I'm going to push my luck here and ask if any one can tell me the significance of the symbol located on the other fender.....

Originally posted by arbeitdienst
                    Para03,

It looks like your symbol is indeed Luftgaukommano Moscau according to this site: http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_dat...ngsemblems.htm
                    It is similar to the symbol on the fender of your photo.

Comment

I see that was your number 1000 post. Congrats! I couldn't find the other symbol on the fender. Don't have a clue what that one is for.

Comment

Patrick, nice photo... As for the emblem I haven't a clue. It seems that the emblems for Luftwaffe units are harder to ID than for other branches, at least in the sources I have available. hopefully this thread becomes a good reference for unit emblems, especially ones like the ones posted above which are uncommon and as yet to be ID....

Comment

Morning Mike:

Just so I don't get rusty:
                          #1 is an Opel Kapitan
                          #2 we already ID'd as anAustro-Fiat
                          #3 is a Wanderer W23 impressed civilian car
                          #6 is, I believe a Gaz 1140 and I am posting a pic of that
                          #7 is a Hanomag 1.3 litre and very rare at that.
                          My photo is courtesy of the Oldtimers Gallery in Russia
                          Sorry, in too much of a hurry again. #6 may actually be a Gaz M1 which was the predecessor to the 1140. They look very similar and the flat windscreen may indeed mean it is an M1. Finally, #8 is a Dodge 3 tonner, most likely a captured French ambulance. Originally a civilian chassis, not military.
                          Bill
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-28-2005, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I would like some assistance in identifying the unit symbols on two vehicles in photos I recently posted.

#174 dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87999&page=5&pp=40

#76 dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99081&page=2&pp=40

Best regards
                            Larrister

Comment

thanks fellas for posting your emblem shots. Here is one from a luft signals album I have that I can't ID the emblem. I know it is a poor photo but the emblems on all the vehicles are faint...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X