Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mogdala View Post
    another unknown unit symbol - SV 287/288 related?
    It is a variant of the Saxonian shield.

http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de...20Wappen2+.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmkreuz View Post
      Which unit and what does IY mean? Thanks

It is a private licence plate from Düsseldorf. That's the reason they they had written an extra WH.

Unit is some kind of "Tross".

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
        Does anyone recognize these symbols on this Krad?
        VIII. Flieger-Korps

Comment

Unknown LW Unit..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mbberlin View Post
            The left one must be VIII. Flieger-Korps.
            Are you certain or only guessing? I also think it might be VIII. Flieger-Korps but I need confirmation before I put that information in a book.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
              Are you certain or only guessing? I also think it might be VIII. Flieger-Korps but I need confirmation before I put that information in a book.

Jason
              Speak of the devil and he appears. An hour ago, I received a parcel in the mail and it contained a Typoskript produced by VIII. Fliegerkorps in October 1942... and on the front is the round symbol (see below)! That's all the confirmation I need.

Regarding the other symbol (the cat's eye with lightning bolts / zulu shield), it definitely belongs to Luftwaffe Nachrichtentruppen. I reckon it must be an insignia for Luftnachrichten-Regiment 38 or one of it's battalions/companies (http://www.ww2.dk/ground/ln/ln38.html) which belonged to VIII. Fliegerkorps. I also remembered where I saw a photo of this same Sdkfz 250/3: on page 167 of my book "Death of the Leaping Horseman"! It seems this half-track was assigned to 24.Pz.Div. for a few weeks in September 1942.

Jason

- - -
              Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the insignia of Jason's picture of an Sd.Kfz.250/3

I agree that the vehicle belonged to Luftnachrichten-Rgt. 38, especially to 3.Kompanie from its organisation.

And, I found the almost same insignia on page 504 of "Die Truppenkennzeichen" Band 2 (Schmitz/Thies). It is mentioned as of Luftgau-Nachrichten-Rgt. z.b.V. 1, later Luftgau-Nachrichten-Rgt. Westfrankreich.

Comment

can anyone help me please ID this unit?
                  Many thanks.
                  Ian

Comment

if it helps id this unit. the photo is from a grouping, showing luftwaffe ground crew and pilots based around the russian city of Minsk, soon after the capture of the city. Could these unit symbols mean a luftwaffe field division or a luftwaffe Fighter Group based near Minsk 1941 ?
                    There are also some shots showing german trucks with big Gs painted on there rears.
                    I hope this helps.
                    Ian

Comment

Ian,

The symbol on the left fender is the same symbol I posted in posts 130 and 131. I still haven't found out exactly what this symbols means.

Comment

Must have been either a large unit, got around a lot, or was a bunch of photos hounds because of the Luft unit emblems i have seen this one is the most recurrent. *the one on the left fender that is.

Mike
                        Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
                        Ian,

The symbol on the left fender is the same symbol I posted in posts 130 and 131. I still haven't found out exactly what this symbols means.

Comment

Can anyone help me?

Comment

Hello

There are too many units with a sword as unit emblem. Additional info about timeframe, location, type of vehicle would give a chance to get look for a more specific unit.

/Christoph

Comment

It's an SS vehicle, numberplate is in the 83 000.

Comment

Hello

Already posted this in your thread in another forum. It could be 1.SS-Inf.Brig.(mot) as it used a sword as well and was formed out of the 8.SS-T-Standarte which had the number range 83001 - 84000.

Maybe this fits to the photo?

/Christoph

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X