No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, I think I have seen this photo before, though I did not remember the clover. A very stunning photo. Once again Akira, thank you. Mike
    Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
    Found one with Horch 2cm Flak with Google - this series is available at Bundesarchiv.

http://wilk.wpk.p.lodz.pl/~whatfor/kfz_69_horch.htm

Comment

Here is another that appears to be from the 297th Inf. Div whilst in Charkow winter of 41-42. Per WW2daybyday.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have received an e-mail from mein Kamerad und Lehrer (and forum member) Kitamura-san, that:

The Horch photos (probably 5. Batterie) were taken before June 1942, when there was no 19.Flak-Division. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that 4-leaf colver is the Truppenkennzeichen for I./43. Also, the marking had been drawn before the unit arrived Africa.

Comment

here is a pic of an SdKfz 10 and an unknown to me truck,the symbol appears to be 5 dice in a circle,any ideas? as bonus,look at what the soldat behind the cab has!!! Russian DP i would think...
          Attached Files

Comment

darkened and close up
            Attached Files

Comment

captured equipment
              Attached Files

Comment

back of scan,shed any light?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Emblem of an unkown Luftwaffe unit in North Afrika.

I've several pictures and it seems the unit was equiped with trucks. No weapons and no planes. Looks like a supply unit.

Another picture is in the Mercedes thread.

All these pictures were taken between March 10th, 1941 und June 29th, 1942.

Has anyone an idea regarding this unit?

guenter
                  Attached Files

Comment

one more pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, here's another unknown unit I am posting for a friend.
                      The photo is taken in southern Belgium, probably may 1940.

Comment

Unit designation appears on the left fender. You should be able to read it from the original. 73? heavy artillery?

Originally posted by Tim De Craene
                        Hi, here's another unknown unit I am posting for a friend.
                        The photo is taken in southern Belgium, probably may 1940.

Comment

Here is another unit emblem. This one is from a unit which took part in the 1940 invasion of the lowlands and France. It is from an album I just acquired which I will post some additional info about the unit.
                          I have seen and even bid on what I think are single photos sold from this album recently on Ebay. Anyway here it is.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the front page of a Presentation album given to the owner of the photos. I can't read German so can anyone help?

Comment

Unknown emblem

Hi friends, who can help? what is this for a emblem??? Hans

Comment

Hello Hans,

this pictures looks a little bit familiar to me.

I must have been about 10 or 15 years ago.

I suppose the car is from Austria and it was used by a fire brigade after the end of WW2. The emblem is from the fire brigade that used it for many years. Afterwards it was sold to a private collector and repainted.

I'll check my files asap.

I'll soon move my collection to a new location. Therefore I'm recently very bussy with renovating the new location and have only little time for research.

Best Regards
                                Guenter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X