Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
    Hello all here is a recent pickup that has a number of unit insignias. The one I know is the LkW in the background, it bears panzer group3 emblem. As for the LkW in the mid ground and the the two insignias on the cycle and LkW I am not sure at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike
    From your post on #195

This is the same unit emblem that Sturmpionier posted in #185. I am sure he got it from one of his albums of the 29 Motorized Infantry Division. The 29th, also known as the "Falke" Division, was part of Guderian's group up to and including the Smolensk battles. The division had a Falcon as the emblem, but this may be a tactical variation for the components of the Division in Barbarossa. It was also part of the 1942 Offensive and was surrounded/destroyed at Stalingrad.

If I am correct, this vehicle is simply mixed up in traffic with other units.

Comment

How about this? The 31st Infantry Division? The 31st had a Lion, this looks more like a fox. Maybe the 296th Inf. Div?

My apologies if it has already been discussed...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-19-2006, 11:21 PM.

Comment

two new ones (at least for me). one nice, the other, umm... pretty basic.
        the first one comes from a Vienna-based LW-unit, who adopted a vienniese sight,
        the "Riesenrad" (giant fairy wheel) as emblem.
        Attached Files

Comment

the other is found on a vehicle of an artillery unit, Kowel/Russia, March 1944. eventually a tac-sign?
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are two more! Any help appreciated.

First are two different angles of the same emblem. This is from a DAK staff car. Not much detail, but I was hoping that someone would at least recognize the shape and make a decision on that. It looks like there is the number "70" on the bottom of the emblem.
            Attached Files

Comment

Second for today. The emblem looks like a shield with a the outline of a skyline or some buildings. I know that several divisions/units used the outline of buildings/cathedrals of the hometown, but this did not look like any I could recognize.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mark, What I am seeing is the painted number plate, or what is left of it. The 70 is just the last two digits on the plate.

Mike
                Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
                Here are two more! Any help appreciated.

First are two different angles of the same emblem. This is from a DAK staff car. Not much detail, but I was hoping that someone would at least recognize the shape and make a decision on that. It looks like there is the number "70" on the bottom of the emblem.

Comment

11th panzer division

one of my latest pick ups and favorite photos
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi

here are 2 for I.D.ing

Regards
                    Attached Files

Comment

No.2
                      Attached Files

Comment

This photo was taken in Finland and is part of a larger German soldier lot that I have got....could anyone tell me please what the vehicle is and what tactical symbol this is?? Cheers, Torsten.
                        Attached Files

Comment

this one is from the same photo lot as the one below, but I am not sure if it was taken in Finland...?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                            this one is from the same photo lot as the one below, but I am not sure if it was taken in Finland...?
                            this is the complete photo that the detail is taken from. Cheers, Torsten.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Torsten,

Your tactical sign is of a motorized platoon. It's a pity that I can't quite make out the symbol in the square.

Going by the double-headed arrow on top it looks like either motorized pioneer or some type of engineering platoon symbol but I can't be absolutely certain.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Here is a recent pickup. Looks like the symbol for the volks-werfer brigade 4-regiment 51, according to ww11daybyday. Though with the added dot is different.

Mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X