No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may be on the track to ID'ng this unit emblem. I had a photo from this lot of a casket banner with a unit designation and thanks to DJ there is a good chance this unit belonged to "2nd Company (Kw Tp) Motorized Troops 605" . I tried doing a search thru some site that deal with the heer but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Mike
    Originally posted by R MICHAEL
    Here is another unit emblem. This one is from a unit which took part in the 1940 invasion of the lowlands and France. It is from an album I just acquired which I will post some additional info about the unit.
    I have seen and even bid on what I think are single photos sold from this album recently on Ebay. Anyway here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
      Hi friends, who can help? what is this for a emblem??? Hans
      Hello Hans,

It is the emblem of the city "Nuernberg" (Nürnberg)

Best Regards
      Guenter
      Attached Files

Comment

here is a new one. It resembles the emblem for the beo.abt.53. It was possibly ID'd as the emblem for the 291st inf. but is less like the one for the 53rd. Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

a new emblem

f
          Last edited by atomicmisfit; 03-11-2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Hello Ian

Your symbol is for IV Armeekorps. Found this symbol at www.wwiidaybyday.com

Cheers
            Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

I have an odd one. I don't think it is a unit emblem but I am curious on everyones thoughts on the figures on the right headlamp. Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

1 Beo Abt

"here is a new one. It resembles the emblem for the beo.abt.53. It was possibly ID'd as the emblem for the 291st inf. but is less like the one for the 53rd. Mike"

The deer's head sign is that of 1 Beobachtungs Abteilung. It is shown clearly in a photograph album from that unit that was offered for sale on e-bay recently.

RW

Comment

help needed

f
                  Last edited by atomicmisfit; 03-11-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hi

Your symbol looks like 4 SS-Panzer Grenadier Division.

Cheers

Larry

Comment

a little mystery

f
                      Last edited by atomicmisfit; 03-11-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Ian

Your symbol isn't in a shield like some of the other similar ones for other SS divisions. Maybe Chris Awender's info on the 4 SS-Pz. Gren. Division is slightly wrong and the symbol was used earlier than he says. It's a bit of a mystery.
                        Cheers

Larry

Comment

This is Wiking. Can't be Polizei, because it is from 1.Pz.Armee. (K=Kleist).

Comment

By the way, many shielded designs of SS divisions are postwar HIAG origin and are not found among period photos.

Comment

a new photo pickup that shows a Horch belonging to the 7th PZ div. What I am curious about is what does the image above the div. sign mean..

Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

here is a new unkown somewhere in Russia
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X