No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another unknown unit symbol. Does anyone know which unit this could be?
    Attached Files

Comment

TeNo Vehicle Unknown Symbol

TeNo Vehicle Unknown Symbol
      Last edited by dblmed; 10-18-2008, 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

TeNo Vehicle Unknown Symbol - 1941

An interesting Vehicle / Unit Symbol which was found on the vehicles of TeNo Einsatzablteilung III in first in Belgium, and which transferred as TA III (Technische Abteilung III) into the Heer in 1941. The unit was attached in Russia as a part of Pol. Reg. Nord. These photos are from late 1941.

The Symbol seems to me be a walking man (with strange pointed head? or long beard? or pointed cap?) with a stick (pole) over his shoulder, which is either a tool (pick-axe?) or something which he is carrying on the pole. It seems to be very stylized.

Has anyone seen this Symbol before?
        Or know what it signifies?
        ... Txs, Dave/dblmed
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dblmed; 10-18-2008, 03:09 AM. Reason: added information.

Comment

this is the same emblem i posted here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=24 there are SS soldiers with the vehicles so.. could be police since we have a shot of a plate associated with the emblem.

Mike
          Originally posted by dblmed View Post

An interesting Vehicle / Unit Symbol which was found on the vehicles of TeNo Einsatzablteilung III in first in Belgium, and which transferred as TA III (Technische Abteilung III) into the Heer in 1941. The unit was attached in Russia as a part of Pol. Reg. Nord. These photos are from late 1941.

The Symbol seems to me be a walking man (with strange pointed head? or long beard? or pointed cap?) with a stick (pole) over his shoulder, which is either a tool (pick-axe?) or something which he is carrying on the pole. It seems to be very stylized.

Has anyone seen this Symbol before?
          Or know what it signifies?
          ... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

Great, You've seen the Same Symbol before...

Great, You've seen this Same Symbol before...

I have photos of the TeNo vehicles with this "Walking Man" Symbol on them, in Belgium;

Then, those vehicles (with the "Walking Man" Symbol on them) loaded on railroad flatcars en route to Russia;

Then, the ("Walking Man" Symbol) vehicles in Russia.

TeNo / Technische Nothilfe vehicles 'allways; have POL license plates, as the TeNo was officially a 'part' of the Polizei, effective since 1937. Txs, Dave ...dblmed

Comment

Here is another unknown unit symbol which I just came across. Any ideas on this symbol??
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello

There are several divisions which used such kind of symbol. Have a look into the buildings emblem section of my site. Maybe more details about the photo (date, location) could narrow down the result.

Units possible
                45.Inf.Div., 88.Inf.Div., 320.Inf.Div.,

/Christoph

Comment

re TeNo sign

Based on the photos I've seen this is the sign of Polizei Regiment Nord not just its attached TeNo company.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisA View Post
                    Hello

There are several divisions which used such kind of symbol. Have a look into the buildings emblem section of my site. Maybe more details about the photo (date, location) could narrow down the result.

Units possible
                    45.Inf.Div., 88.Inf.Div., 320.Inf.Div.,

/Christoph
                    Thanks Chrisoph,

Is it possible for you to post the link to your site or send me a PM with the link?

Comment

Hello .. my site is http://www.wwiidaybyday.com

Christoph

Comment

Symbol - Pol. Reg. Nord w TeNo Attachment

Thanks Very Much Richard,
                        RE: Symbol - Pol. Reg. Nord w TeNo - "Walking Man"

It does makes sense, as the TN III became a part of Pol. Reg. Nord., so it could well have been the overall Reg. Symbol.

1. Have you seen this Symbol ID'd in any books / references?

2. What is a bit strange is that I have a photo of the vehicles (from the TeNo unit, in Belgium loaded on railroad flatcars ... Russia bound, I believe. That photo shows the same 'walking man' Symbol painted on some visible vehicles.)

So, I wonder if the 'date' when the TN III was made a part of Pol. Reg. Nord, would be a consideration? Seems from the photo, that the Symbol was already painted on, while these vehicles were in Belgium. Thanks, Dave/dblmed

Comment

Hi Todd and Christoph,

First of all, I want to thank Christoph for his excellent site. I reference it all the time.

The double castle symbol is actually currently on a series of pics offered on Ebay. I am not sure if the seller knows what he is talking about as it said the series is related to RKT Rudolf Hofmann. This is the second time I see this series of pics, the unit symbol both on a Renault bus and a softskin type vehicle probably for possibly a general officer. There is a blurry pic of the general. Nothing like Hofmann.

A couple of years back I saw the same symbol on the fender of a general's limosine. I have all these pics. But as I am not paying to post pics, I want to respect the forum and ask either of you to post them for me. So could you PM me your email address?

Cheers
                          Elwyn

Comment

Thanks Elwyn,

Here are the pics from Elwyn. "This was offered a long, long time ago and I had posted this at the Axis History Forum then with no result."
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is the complete photo of the symbol I posted earlier. The general in the photo could possibly be General der Infantrie Hans Kuno von Both or General Erich Hofmann which have been identified (in the Generals thread) as part of a series of this photo.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The General sitting at the table could possibly be the same General as in post 383.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X