Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Elwyn

Are you sure it's not 78 Sturm Division?

Here's the same symbol from a 78 Sturm Division album.

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

If you believe that it was indeed Langermann u Erlencamp sitting on top of the Sdkfz 250, then probably not. By virtue of his Eichenlaub and his death in 10.42, this pic must have been taken in Summer 42. XXIV Pz Korp was in HrGr Süd, and 78 Div (apparently only changed to mailed fist sign in Jan 43 when called 78 Sturm Div) was in HrGr Mitte.

Having said that, I always had 5% doubt it was really Langermann. But I vaguely recall someone posting this same general at the AHF and said he was his grandfather/grand uncle?

Confused.

Elwyn

Comment

Larry, if I remember right your album is from Korps-Nachrichten-Abteilung 424 (XXIV Armeekorps, that is - and from 'G' between June 1941 and May 1942).

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
          Larry, if I remember right your album is from Korps-Nachrichten-Abteilung 424 (XXIV Armeekorps, that is - and from 'G' between June 1941 and May 1942).
          Hi Akira,

Thanks. Looking at the photos in the album the time frame of June 1941 - May 1942 would be right.

Here's a few photos showing the symbol on vehicles.

Cheers,
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Münchner Kindl

Among a slide group I recently acquired I found this one. The group stemmed from 212.Infanterie-Division (identified from grave markers and from a known unit symbol).

The slide shows a unit marking - Münchner Kindl ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchner_Kindl ) on a shield, but it is not documented as a symbol for 212.Division in Schmitz/Thies.

Any information to support this symbol being one for 212.Division or otherwise, is appreciated!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

This one? Thanks photo ebay

Comment

Post #398

heeres Le BeobAbt 27 (-> InfDiv.27)

Charles

Comment

Does anyone recognize the symbol to the bottom right of the 'G'?
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Y with three bars across its shaft is 18th Panzer Division, the vehicle must be from a Luftwaffe unit attached to the division, perhaps a Flivo as the division doesn't appear to have had a Flak battalion in 1941. Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan.

Comment

Hi all!

Is this the "Truppenkennzeichen" of the 7.Fliegerdivision?

Comment

Befehl:

Do you have any more photos of that LW truck??
                                I know nothing about tactical signs but a bit about vehicles.

The vehicle looks like an ex-Belgian Chevrolet of about 1940 but the front is so messed up it is hard to tell.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X