No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another example of this unknown unit symbol. (courtesy Elwyn)
    Attached Files

Comment

And the last image from Elwyn. "This photo was from the same seller but of course what was confusing was that was an AOK commander pennant."
      Attached Files

Comment

Double post.
        Please remove

Comment

Hello all,

As I was going trough my photograph collection this morning I noticed some emblems which didn't notice in the past. I did a search on wwiidaybyday, but that came in empty. I'm now hoping you can identify these emblems, and thus helping me to ID the unit.

Thanks in advance,
          Vincent S.

The first emblem is seen on the left front fender of a PKW, probably of a Pz.Gren.Komp.

The second one is seen on the left front fender of a LKW, and probably of an Inf.Bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
            Hello all,

As I was going trough my photograph collection this morning I noticed some emblems which didn't notice in the past. I did a search on wwiidaybyday, but that came in empty. I'm now hoping you can identify these emblems, and thus helping me to ID the unit.

Thanks in advance,
            Vincent S.

The first emblem is seen on the left front fender of a PKW, probably of a Pz.Gren.Komp.

The second one is seen on the left front fender of a LKW, and probably of an Inf.Bat.
            Hi Vincent

Top photo has pennant symbol for Division HQ with symbol for motorized platoon inside it. Symbol is repeated with larger version.

So the PkW would have belonged to a motorized infantry platoon attached to a Division HQ.

Cheers
            Larry

Comment

Thanks
              Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Luftsturm View Post

Thanks
                Bart
                Hi Bart,

I think Flak-Regiment 25 (or a component of it, possibly I./Flak-Rgt.25) had a unit emblem like that but I am not 100% certain. I have the info buried somewhere but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

Jason

Comment

Thanks

PS
                  What happened with wwiidaybyday?

Comment

The owner told me over on the Axis History forum that it was a simple case of economics, he had more important things to spend his money on. Very sad for all of us. Alan

Comment

Hi

I have wondered for some time about a symbol of an upside down "A" symbol seen in a couple of photos from a Inf. Rgt. 154 (58 Inf. Division) album.
                      I thought it may have been some kind of organizational symbol.

After a visit to Akira's web site the mystery is resolved.

It is the symbol for Gen. Major Dr Altrichter who commanded the division from Sept. 1941 to March 1942.

Here are the photos.

Cheers
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks
                          Bart

Regards
                          Bart

Comment

Hi Todd,

I think I have a decent answer for your divisional sign. It is 212 Div, commanded by RKT Kark Koske. No quite the patrician looking Koste in the studio portrait from Biblio I am afraid.

On pp272 of Schmitz Thies Vol1, 212 Div had a double castle kenzeichen. The spires were not as pointed as in your pic but close. Koske wore glasses and #373 and #375 were no doubt him. I have seen your pic being sold together with what definitely was Erich Hofmann pics. #374 was Hofmann with perhaps Koske blocked.

The seller was confused. The RKT general was Koske and not Hofmann. Where was the link? Hofmann was Kmdt v Narwa u Peipussee. Koske won RK in early 43, commanding 212 Div which was in Pleskau, so right there. Koske complained of chest pain, went home to serve the Reichskriegsgericht instead and died in a hospital in Wien during an air raid in the last days of the war.

I have been trying to solve this for a very long time

Cheers
                            Elwyn

Comment

This is commonly attributed as Gen Langermannn u Erlenkamp

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...tzenpanzer.jpg

Since he had Eichenlaub (there are closeups in the same series), this must be Summer 42 shortly before he was killed. He was Kmdr XXIV Pz Korps but has anyone seen this mailed fist kenzeichen on the Sdkfz 250 before? The only mailed fist I have seen was that of 78 Sturm Div but that was horizontally flipped in the other direction.

Schmitz Thies showed an "N" with an arrow for XXIV Pz Korps in Vol 4 -- otherwise they were noty known to have many kenzeichen

Cheers
                              Elwyn

Comment

Thanks Elwyn for the identification of this General and the insignia on the vehicle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X