ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Patrick and Bill,

Thanks for the ID of the vehicle in my photo.

Larrister

Comment

undintified vehicles

Hi guys, some time ago I bought a serie photos from a winter ralley in Bayern Germany , it was a reliability trial with vehicles of the Reichswehr, the Mercedes-Benz G3a was testet here.
      One of the cars was the car with the licence number RW-76 70.

who can ID the vehicle?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

I was going through my photo collection and came across this photo showing German troops pushing a couple of trucks across a bridge somewhere in Russia.
        Note the truck on the left with a very strange cab. Russian perhaps?

Larrister
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Hans,

Is your car in #122 a Horsh 8 Type 500 Cabriolet-Limousine? It looks very similar to this photo from Cars of Wehrmacht by Reinhard Frank.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Larrister; 06-17-2005, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Morning Hans/Larrister:

Nice job Larrister. May I suggest, though, that it could also be a 750 of the same era. Given the RW plate it would have to be 1935 or earlier and I have a fair number of photos of 750 models in use by RW/WH etc. On the other hand, that being a trials photo you may be correct as that 500 would have been a bit more "nimble" cross country than the 750. In the end it got stuck anyway

Cheers
            Bill

Comment

Larrister:

Your 123 is a really unique photo. Never seen such a thing.
              I do not have time now to positively ID the first truck but believe we will find it to be a French make. As to the other, I am inclined to think it may be a trailer.
              Note the really odd position of both the front and rear sets of wheels which I have never seen on a truck. Also the "cab" is so small and so far forward I cannot imagine where the engine would go. I hope others have opinions.
              Cheers
              Bill

Comment

Everyone:

I just went back to the beginning of this thread and want to note that the following vehicles remain unidentified. #1, 6, 9, 10, 18, 32, 43, 46, 84 and 107 plus Larrister's last one. Please review these to see if we can clean up some of the loose ends.
                Thanks
                Bill

Comment

Hans R:

I have identified this tractor as a Buessing. Am I correct??
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill, Great photo. I have never seen anything like that before. It could be a Buessing NAG. I don't have anything in my collection to compare it with.
                    Here's a couple of Buessing NAG photos anyway, but I don't think they will help much.

Larrister
                    Attached Files

Comment

Buessing NAG bus.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bill,

Here's Bussing NAG bus with the exact same grille as the one in your photo.

Larrister
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you kind Sir.....

I thought I had it right and actually that solves two ID questions for Sander D and I. Also, nice frontal view of that Skoda!
                          Bill
                          Last edited by Bill Murray; 06-23-2005, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill,

So the other truck in one of my photos is a Skoda. Didn't know that. Thanks! I have some more photos in the mail that will test your knowledge of vehicles. Will post them when they arrive.

Best regards,
                            Larrister

Comment

First attempt using Photoshop 2. Don't laugh if it doesn't work
                              Well, it is sharper than the original but I could not resize it. Can't find a command for that just yet.
                              Sorry

Bill
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bill Murray; 06-24-2005, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Here is a new one from me... Looks like a DAF ford in the second position while the first truck reminds me of a Chevrolet.. As for the others???? Mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 93 users online. 0 members and 93 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X