demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salut Tim!

I was lived at Liège when I was young, and I have a "Love affair" with this City. Can you have photos taken at Liège during the war? Please, show us.
    Otto

Comment

Tim:

Your two cars would be a 1938 Chevrolet and a 1932 Chevrolet. More very interesting photos!
      Bill

Comment

Mike; congratulations, you are improving your identification skills

Bill; thanks for another identification !

Otto; I am collecting WW2 photos taken in Belgium and have approx. 20 photos taken between the German invasion and the allied liberation + some photos of after the liberation (US troops and V2 bombs). Yes, I can show them to you, perhaps I should send them to you or open a new thread ?

Comment

Vehicle photo

Hi guys, I think this a nice photo to , a Horch Pullman Cabriolet F and a Mercedes-Benz 320 Cabriolet B in front of a nice camouflaged building

Hans
          Attached Files

Comment

Tim, thanks but I can't take too much credit... When it comes to US vehicles I have pretty good knowledge. It's just those darn foriegn cars that get me...
            Originally posted by Tim De Craene
            Mike; congratulations, you are improving your identification skills

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray
              I found a series of Estonian photos today and there are some very interesting things to view here. Once again, it a 1/2 ID question. The photo is, I believe of a Lend Lease Studebaker that was as supplied a 6X4 drive vehicle. Here in Estonia shortly after the end of the war it seems to be now a 4X2 drive truck.
              Sorry, I am still trying to work through the language. The site is named EESTI ANTIIKAUTODEGALERII as far as I can tell.

Although I am reasonably fluent in English, Swedish, Spanish and so so in Portuguese, I am not good in this language family. From what I can understand, it belongs to a family of language that includes Hungarian, Finnish and the countries of Latvia, Estonia and perhaps Lithuania.

I would appreciate it if any members here from any of those countries could comment on this.
              Bill
              Hi,I live in Estonia so if you need any translations from estonian you may ask me I can also translate from russian.By the way,EESTI ANTIIKAUTODEGALERII stands for "Estonian Antic Car Gallery"

Comment

Kaiser:

Thank you so much for your offer.

Even though I do not understand your language, I have managed so far to navigate through now some ten Estonian sites, pretty much by just continuing to click on "anything that will click" and I have broken the code pretty well

Nothing to do with military vehicles, but I have learned through the internet to have a much better understanding of what your country went through in the period 1900-1991.

As an American, no flag waving here, I am happy that you have managed to finally, again, establish your national identity. Good for you

I tred to "Google" some sort of Cheers in Estonian but failed.

So, Kaiser, let me just say "Cheers" in my mixed up American/British/Canadian English.

And, keep posting and hopefully some interisting Estonian vehicle photos that we have not discovered yet.
                Bill

Comment

vehicle

Hi Mike, a saw your photo and I have maybe the answer what it is:

this is the car you have
                  Attached Files

Comment

Vehicle

Mike , I think this is the same type, Hanomag 1,3 litre , built in the years 1938-1941 in ca 9000 cars , it has the 4 cil. engine , 32 bhp.
                    The licenceplate means M : Sachsen.

Hans

Comment

Nice work Hans

That one had me beat.
                      Bill

Comment

Hans, Yep I think you got it too. Wow only 9000 made. Makes this somewhat on the rare side then.... Thanks again Hans! Mike
                        Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
                        Mike , I think this is the same type, Hanomag 1,3 litre , built in the years 1938-1941 in ca 9000 cars , it has the 4 cil. engine , 32 bhp.
                        The licenceplate means M : Sachsen.

Hans

Comment

Mike:

Not only is Hans right, I am a double dummy!! I properly identified that same type car on your thread on unidentified unit emblems.
                          Pat will be home in 58 hours and all will be OK again
                          Bill

Comment

Bill, how many seconds...lol! your doing fine Mr Inspector... Mike
                            Originally posted by Bill Murray
                            Mike:

Not only is Hans right, I am a double dummy!! I properly identified that same type car on your thread on unidentified unit emblems.
                            Pat will be home in 58 hours and all will be OK again
                            Bill

Comment

Need help again, Hans:

This vehicle has DB written all over it but pieces do not fit. The grille is different although it may be missing the "cover" that usually has the big star. The cab looks right, the louvres on the bonnet look correct as do the wheels. But, the vehicle looks like a 6.5 tonner to me, not a 4.5 and every photo I have of a DB 6500 has that real long bonnet with the front mudguards set well back.
                              Please give it a try for us. Oh, the photo is from a Russian site devoted mostly to armour.
                              Cheers
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mercedes-Benz

Hi Bill , the photo of your truck is indeed from a Mercedes-Benz L 6500, it was original in use by the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
                                They drive this type of trucks in the Reichsautobahn-Ferntransportlastzug.
                                On the photo you see the OKH on the frontwindow, so on the moment that the photo was taken it was in use of the Wehrmacht.
                                This type of cars built Daimler-Benz in the years 1935-1937.

Hans
                                Last edited by Hans Rinsma; 06-05-2005, 11:52 AM. Reason: x

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X