GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another from Estonia:

The photo is dated 1936. While it looks rather similar to an Opel of that era, I think it is a Russian passenger car or the same time frame.
    Any opinions, and I am sure it was confiscated if it survived to 1940.
    Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray
      I have seen this photo before, either here on this forum or on another devoted to German History. No one has advanced an opinion that I remember.
      Hello Bill and Mike
      Photo #37 was sold by me on the e-stand couple of months ago. Indeed a very strange photo. Things put forward before I sold it was air heathing and air ventilation.

Comment

Tim, It was such a strange photo and that is what motivated me to buy it from you... It will be one that I will puzzle over for some time and if and when I get an answer I will let you know....Because I know your as curious as myself...

Bill here is another car for you to bend your mind around and by all means tkae your time. I know you got your plate full but I know you enjoy it so here it is... Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

You are such a Putz!!!!
          Having read my last post, you put up a photo that is almost not recognizable.!!

OK, I think it is Czech, probably a Tatra, but I cannot find a match tonight and it is now 00:06 hours and I do not have the energy to pursue it further.

But, my friend, I am the ultimate detective and I will solve your question.

They call me the American "Jacques Clouseau" otherwise known as Peter Sellers and as likely to make horribly funny and stupid mistakes.

Comment

Bill, LOL... I will take that as a complimnet.....

I thought the grillework distinctive enough for the purpose of ID'ing. Like I said inpsector, "take your time" Have a great day and more are forth coming.

Mike
            Originally posted by Bill Murray
            Mike:

You are such a Putz!!!!
            Having read my last post, you put up a photo that is almost not recognizable.!!

OK, I think it is Czech, probably a Tatra, but I cannot find a match tonight and it is now 00:06 hours and I do not have the energy to pursue it further.

But, my friend, I am the ultimate detective and I will solve your question.

They call me the American "Jacques Clouseau" otherwise known as Peter Sellers and as likely to make horribly funny and stupid mistakes.

Comment

Mike:

Do take it as a compliment. As stated, you are throwing some really good stuff up on this board and I am grateful that you plow through your collection or your photo gallery on your PC and take the time to post them here. In my case, I save all this stuff to my PC photo file and then dump it to a disc so it will be saved for posterity. Anymore, I don't print much off as I already have enough paper and books in my archives. I think I posted somewhere else on this board that I have been collecting materiel on soft skin vehicles since 1965.
              Thank goodness for PCs and Bill Gates as it is infinitely easier and faster than it was 40 years ago. I also thank the two guys that started Google. On a lucky day, that place can be a gold mine.
              Cheers
              Bill

Comment

Bill, Glad you are enjoying.... All photos I post are from my collection, and since I have them on hand let me know if you need any blown up, etc.
                I have a few more coming that should arrive anyday and will post those for your sleuthing enjoyment! take care! Mike

Comment

Honey moon's luxury car!

Otto
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think they are hunting ( I think it's not a military rifle ).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Otto:

First two are of an Opel Kadett with what may be registration plates indicating the German Government in Holland.

I believe your second photo is a1934 Ford but it is so dark it is hard to tell. Can you rescan or recopy the photo and try to make it lighter??
                        Bill
                        Last edited by Bill Murray; 06-01-2005, 08:46 PM. Reason: Haste

Comment

Luftwaffe car

Hi Bill , I found this photo from a Luftwaffe staffcar in the serie that I bought from the Tankwagen LG 3000 Kfz.384 , I think it is maybe usefull for your Thread.
                          Is the car French?

Comment

Here are two more from the Belgian campaign 1940.

#1:

Comment

#2: (Ypres)

Comment

Tim, If I can put forth an opinion. photo #1 looks like a 38-39 chevy to me. Of course it could also be an oldsmobile......

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 87 users online. 0 members and 87 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X