GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a bren carrier ?

is this a bren carrier on Ebay.de

link http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-sehr-sel...item43a9466a58

Comment

Yes the is a Lyod Universal Carrier but not in any configuration I have ever seen. I will have to check in a few books I have to see if I can find it.

The cannon on it looks like a french 75, and the superstructure looks like ply-wood, I wonder if it is a period mock-up or Could it be re-enactors out for a lark

Comment

Ok got positive ID for that one

10.5cm leFH16 (sf) auf Lichte Panzerkampfwagen Mk iV 736(e)

Not much on it though just the old leFH16 was used and only about a doz where converted. Served in Pas De Calais area

Comment

Thanks byterock much appriciated.

Originally posted by byterock View Post

Not much on it though just the old leFH16 was used and only about a doz where converted. Served in Pas De Calais area

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post

I'm afraid that you are mistaken there on three points. First the vehicle was called the 10.5cm leFH16 (sf) auf Lichte Panzerkampfwagen Mk VI 736(e) and not IV. Second were isuued to the 15.(Sturmgeschütz Batterie)/AR 227 of 227 Infanterie Division. Most of this Batterie's vehicle were captured British with ammunition being carried either in a conversion of the Light Mark VI or the Bren Carriers and other Light Mark VI's were converted to Beobachtungspanzer . British trucks and cars were also used. The Batterie was destroyed in the fighting around Leningrad over the winter of 1941/42.
            And lastly, that is not a Light Mark VI but a Bren Carrier and the gun is definitely the French 75mm and not the German 105 mm.

Comment

That could be it as well.

In this case always go with your gut instincts.

I first though it was a french 75 on a lyod UC but I poked about in a few books and the only thing close I could find was the 736(e).

I will have another look but Alanmccoubrey is most likely correct

Comment

Hello! There is a group of photos with cars/trucks/bikes, all came from the same album. Please help to identify all these vehicles.

Thanks in advance,
                Alexander

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

vehicles

Hi there,

Hmm, not 100% sure on these, but here is what I have so far;

#1 DKW SB 350 (or SB 200 hard to tell)
                        #2 same sort of bike, leaning against BMW 303 Kuebelwagen
                        #3 BMW 303 Kuebelwagen, not very common in Wehrmacht use
                        #4 Mercedes-Benz Lo 2750?
                        #5 Some sort of Krupp truck?
                        #6 Mercedes-Benz G3a truck, with a Mercedes-Benz 170VK parked in front of it.

Hopefully someone may know more.

Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Hello Steve!

Thank you very much for vehicles identification!

All my best what I can do with #5 is in the scan below.

Best regards,
                          Alexander

Comment

Truck

Hi there,

That makes it a little clearer, looks like a French vehicle,

Saurer type 1 VCR

Check out Holger's site Kraftfahrzeuge der Wehrmacht for a comparison photo

Cheers
                            Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, hi Alexander,

You are right, it must be a Saurer, but I think that it is the larger model 3 CT 1 MI.

Regrads

Bert

Comment

Hello,

#3 is not a BMW. It is a Hanomag 4/23 PS / Garant Kübelwagen.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...ubelwagen.html

Regards,

Holger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X