David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More angles, if it helps.
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Well, I had my second eye cataract surgery on Tuesday so my eyes are still
      not so good, but.......

I believe the vehicle is French but I cannot today positively identify it.

I believe that it is perhaps some sort of workshop vehicle because you can
      see that the sides fold down to provide platforms. That being said, it could
      also be a bakery or some other sort of food preparation vehicle albeit without
      the usual chimneys.

As always, I will continue to investigate, but I think "French-workshop" is
      most likely to be at least part of the answer.

Cheers
      Bill

Comment

Hello Kerry,

this lorry is for sure a vehicle of the Czechoslovakian brand Walter.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...ton_lorry.html

It looks like a normal lorry with platform which was converted to a special purpose. I think it is a kind of telephone operating vehicle. In the upper part of the superstructure, one can see a switchboard for cable connections similar to these on a regular Kfz. 72:

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...p_betr_kw.html

Regards,

Holger.

Comment

Holger and Bill, many thanks for your detective work. Your website is mine of information and a true pleasure to visit Holger, I hope, one day, that I might have a collection half as good as yours, and a knowledge-base a fracion of yours and Bill's. Cheers, Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry/Holger:

Thank you Holger for the correction.

I was not sure of the type of the truck as I mentioned,
            but I surely would not have thought of a Walter 1.5 ton
            truck.

I would have thought that a body that large would have had
            to have been mounted on some sort of 3 ton chassis.

I also missed the switchboard but I can blame that on my
            recent eye operations.

I did use a magnifying glass on Kerry's photo and I now see what
            you are talking about.

Again, always glad to hear from a true expert.

Cheers
            Bill

Comment

On this photo I am interested in all three vehicles, but, particularly, the curious car in the centre. I am sure that the 3-piece windscreen and "sunburst" radiator will be good diagnostic points, but not, sadly, to me. Thank you for looking, Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

How about this armoured lorry? The tyres look like British pattern, but the rest, including the mounted weapon, is unknown. Can anybody help please? Thanks,
                Kerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

A little closer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Kerryboo, the registration number on the strange vehicle would indicate that it is of Czech origin, I can't say what it is though.

The armoured lorry looks like one of the many armoured trucks produced by the Germans on British Bedford bodies, there are several pics of them on this thread.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=80610

Comment

Thanks Alan.
                      This one is a little off topic maybe, but does anyone recognise this car, in Hungarian service I think. Kerry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

The last little roadster is a Skoda 420 Popular.
                        I don't know the user country as I never bothered to learn registration
                        plate types.
                        I have so far had no luck with the previous photo with the strange
                        bus and I am a bit wary of the trucks, could be Walter/Wikov but I am not
                        sure. Same for the truck behind the Skoda.

I will continue to look.

Cheers
                        Bill

Comment

Hi Kerry, hi Bill,

to the trucks behind the Skoda:
                          on the left a Walter 1,5 t truck, on the right a Tatra T 27 a.
                          To the pic with the special bus I cannot say nothing, sorry.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Hi Kerry/Bert:

Thanks Bert for the extra ID.

Today I picked up my new "Computer Eyeglasses" and it is expected that it will
                            take 3/4 weeks before my brain communicates correctly with my eyes so that
                            I may finally be able to see correctly again

Then, watch out, I may be able to get back to my old 90% correct track record on photo identification

By the way, on the advice of my Optometrist/Eye Doctor Surgeon, I today purchased a new Mouse and a new keyboard that are much simpler and user friendly than the 21st Century ones I had been sold on by my local computer store.

What a difference. The mouse is dead simple, scroll wheel, left button, right button and it doesn't jump all over the screen like the high tech ones I had been using.

The keyboard is maybe 2/3 the size of the old one and has maybe 70% of the "feature keys" of my earlier one. It is also 'Backlit" so I can actually see the keys.
                            My error rate when typing in posts such as these has dropped almost to zero.

Life is Good

Cheers
                            Bill

Comment

post 1044 I think improvised vehicles on the chassis of Bedford.
                              gep.M.Trsp.Wg Bedford (e) with a 20 mm Scotti, anti aircraft machine gun.
                              http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/uk...r/Other-01.htm

post 1047 for me, czech registration plate types
                              praga AV registration 3.373
                              Tatra 82 registration 5.539
                              Tatra OA vz.30 registration 13.392

Comment

Thank you nox.
                                Can somebody help me with the make and model/models of these 2 trucks? There are small detail differences between the 2, but I suspect that they are of the same model.
                                Thanks for looking,
                                Kerry.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X