MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kerry:

On your first photo, the lead car is a Peugot 202 and the cabriolet is a Lincoln Zephyr 1939 model.

The Peugot is quite unusual as the headlamps were mounted behind the grille in production and on this one they have moved them to the front fender/mudguard.
    I have seen other Peugot cars modified like this in a very cold climate such as Russia when they had to put blankets across the radiator to keep it from freezing.

In the second photo:
    In the background is a Skoda truck.
    The Cabriolet at the left is a BMW 326
    Next is either a Delage, a Delahaye or a Hotchkiss. I need to play with my photo editor.
    Then is the same Lincoln Zephyr.
    Next is most likely an early Mercedes Kubel.
    Next is a Borgward truck.
    I cannot yet tell what the last two are.

Here is a better photo of a Peugot 202.

Cheers
    Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

A curious one here. I think this car has a gas-producer of some sort, but not the Imbert type. Can anyone help with id please?
      Thanks,
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

I am reasonably confident that your vehicle is a Citroen 11 of about 1938 or so.
        It would seem that if I am correct, the Chevrons have been removed from the radiator mask but other ID clues are still correct.

I am not expert on gas producer systems so I cannot comment on which type this car is using.

Cheers
        Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. Now how about a few trucks, mysteries to me. The first is a convoy of US-looking trucks in the background, then some, no doubt obvious, other trucks. All comments welcome, Kerry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Close-ups.
            Attached Files

Comment

A Mercedes of some sort.
              Attached Files

Comment

And 2 more. Thanks for looking, Kerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

To my eyes, the first vehicles look like the IFA G5 ex Horch design used by East German Forces following WWII, in the fifties I think.

I will look further into the Benz but someone else better at those trucks than I may answer first.

The last two seem to both be GAZ AA trucks, Russian copies of the similar Fords of the time.

Cheers

Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well done Bill. The first was in a small bunch of photos, the rest were WW2, but, yes, Ernst Gruber G5, I have found it now. First class detective work,
                    Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry, hi Bill,

I think it is a Mercedes Benz, type Lo 3000 of the year 1934 or 1935.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thank you Bert, a great help. Here is a car, a Packard I think, but it seems to have a very high ground clearance, plus the added "luxury" of a sun-roof!.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kerry/Bert:

Thanks from me too Bert, Benzes are not my specialty

Kerry:

Wow, what a great photo.

I make it a 1938 Plymouth two door sedan with a very rare European sun roof and some sort of suspension modification to raise it so high. Never have I seen such a photo.

Edit: It may also be a Dodge from the same year. I need to do some more research but it is now dinner time.

Bill
                          Last edited by Bill Murray; 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM. Reason: possible miss Id

Comment

Bill, that has helped me to decypher the writing on the back, although that contains another mystery. The wording is;- Englischer Beutewagen Plymout Kreislermotor Wjasma (Russland) 1943. Hmmmm, Kerry

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Well, yes, perhaps a small mystery within the mystery.

However, the car appears to be definitely left hand drive, the photo is not reversed as the registration plate reads correctly..

While that style of sunroof could indeed be English, such aftermarket roofs were also available in Holland and Belgium.

I also doubt that such a Plymouth which would be very rare in England, would have found it's way to France perhaps and then to Russia as so many British ex civilian vehicles did. Most of the civilian cars from the UK abandoned in 1940 were ordinary British makes.

Plymouth cars, while not a volume seller in the BeneLux market before the war ,were seen in fairly large numbers in all three countries.

I would therefore suggest that your car probably came from one of those countries.
                              Also, I think the British market only received 4 door Plymouths, not 2 doors as this one is and which was available on the Continent.

Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Here are a few more queries. Perhaps some a little less "mainstream", but all mysteries to me. Good luck,
                                Kerry.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X