demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Todd:

The sedan in front of the hotel looks to me to be a Mercedes.
    Judging by the size if the car and the arrangement of the front fender/mudguard, it might be a 290 series.

Bill

Comment

Here are a couple of views of the same car. Like many winter photos of the day the quality is shocking, I guess the cold affected amateur stock. I first thought this an Adler, but cannot pinpoint the model. Hanomag maybe, the radiator logos are very similar to the "shadow" on these photos.
      Thanks,
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Best I can do here is an "educated guess".

I would say an Adler, either a Diplomat or a Favorit of about 1934 or so.

The eagle looks to me to be too big for a Hanomag and the 5 ventilation doors in the motor hood and the style of the bumper are more like an Adler as well.

Here is a photo I nicked from Holger's site of a similar looking car which he catalogs as a Diplomat.

Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello again Bill, and thank you. Yes, I think you are correct once again. I had missed the fifth ventilation flap, it is only really visible on one photo. There are some detail differences, rolled edge to mudguards, perforated bumper etc, but overall I now accept that it is a Diplomat and it will be recorded as such in my archive. As always you have my gratitude,
          Cheers until the next time, a bientot,
          Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Always trying to be careful and as accurate as possible, there is a distant possibility that your cabriolet could be a Hanomag Sturm of about the same year.

I have come across some more rather poor photos of Hanomags that seem to also have the 5 doors even though the catalogue photos I have in books show only 4.

I am also a bit concerned about the length of the wheelbases on your photo, rather short, and Holger's photo, rather long.

These questions are often difficult to answer as we have to deal with "war time photos" as opposed to "studio photos" and so many modifications get made to the vehicles over time in the field or even in a non-combat zone. Headlamp style/size/placement, bumpers, grille pieces taken off or masked over, wsell you know what I mean.

In any case, I think we can safely say that your vehicle is one or the other and we may not get further than that.

Cheers
            Bill

Comment

Here is another Mercedes pics. Hopefully it is of a better view. Notice the fender markings are different, but the plate still remains the same.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Todd:

I often get Mercedes vehicles mixed up but I believe this one is a 200 lang of around 1935-6. The main ID point is the mounting of the headlamps on the cross bar we can see in the photo which was common to that range. That same mounting is also common to the 290 series but I do not remember seeing a "close coupled" sedan on that chassis.

Bill

Comment

The radiator blind kills any chance of me recognising this one. Help!
                  Thanks,
                  Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

I would bet that this is your mystery child.

1937 Nash Ambassador

Cheers
                    Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

As ever Bill, the Master. I doubt that there were many of these in German use, I stood no chance. Many thanks for this and the previous.
                      Kerry.

Comment

Glad to help.

As a matter of interest, the car I posted as an example is resident in Sweden, even a rarer bird.

Cheers
                        Bill

Comment

A rarity indeed Bill.
                          How about this truck? And the strange prefix to the registration?
                          Thanks ,
                          Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

A good friend of mine from New Zealand is staying with me at the moment.
                            He took these photos some time ago at a museum in Rotorua NZ of ex-NZ army trucks.

The museum has now closed and the vehicles have been returned to their owners. Most were in running order. It's good to see that there are WW2 era vehicle still in existance in NZ I was told that most were used in the forestry industry. First two are of a Dodge. Exact model unknown at the moment.

Cheers,
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dodge.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X