MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I made a little mistake. It must be Kfz. 385 not Kfz. 305.

Regards,

Holger.

Comment

Thanks

Expert help .

Comment

Thank you Bill, a thorough job as ever. Here are a couple more, the first is right-hand drive, any ideas?
        Thanks, Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:
          More nice photos, thanks.

The first is a French Hotchkiss which you can tell by the crossed cannon emblem on the radiator mask. I am still researching the model type.

The second is a BMW and I believe it is most likely a model 319. It is a bit hard to see the style of louvers in the side of the engine hood and that is one way to distinguish between the 319 and the earlier 315 but it looks like a 319 to me.

Cheers
          Bill

Comment

If it helps pinpoint the model Bill, here is another view plus a pretty little cabrio.
            Thanks again,
            kerry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a passable impersonation of Col. Von Klink, but what is the car he is next to? Also not sure what the medal the has on his right breast is. Thanks,
              Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

HI Kerry:

Last one is a Lancia Aprilia probably about 1939.

I am still working on the Hotchkiss model number and the little roadster.

Cheers

Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

Once again, thanks Bill. Here is a stylish cabrio, I think it may be Italian?
                  Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Car

Hi there,

This looks American to me, maybe a Lincoln Zephyr of some description?

Cheers
                    Steve

Comment

Hi Kerry:

OK my friend, I have far too many hours in this one and nothing but dead ends.

So, the real Detective Work must begin.

Do you know where the photo was taken and when?? I believe the soldier on the left in front of the car is wearing a German uniform, I do not recognize the country of the man next to him. Uniform ID is not my field.
                      I am also trying to ID the car on the right which might give us a clue to the country of origin of the car in question. Is there more to the photo to the right side that would show more of the other car??

Obviously, the car is European, but whether West European, East European or South European I have not been able to decide.

It is my opinion that the car has a coachbuilt body. In that sense, I would lean to Western Europe or Eastern Europe as the body and top mechanism look very solid, almost Teutonic if you know what I mean.

If I go back and start at the front, the bumper style can be found in Italy and Eastern Europe based on my photo files. I think a major clue/tip is the registration plate as it is a very unusual small size, almost like a military plate.

The grille mask is what it is, a highly stylized design, one I have never seen before.
                      There is some sort of emblem or logo we can see on the right front side of the motor hood but I cannot ID it. I can also cannot ID the radiator mascot on top of the motor hood.

The car is LHD which has to tell us something but at this point I don't know what.
                      Many French and Italian coachbuilt cars such as this one often had RHD.

The front fenders/mudguards are a very distinct design but I cannot duplicate them from my photo files. Probably something I just forgot. The rear one we can see is also rather distinctive and a bit unusual.

I have gone through all my books on French and Italian marques, all of my books on European coachbuilders, all that I could think of regarding Czech and Polish cars and have come up with nothing.

So that is where I am for the moment. It is probably something really simple that I just have not thought of, who knows?? Hopefully some of my ramblings above will help someone else think of something.

Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

Wow Bill, true dedication, thank you. The photo was taken, of German mountain troops, in the Italian Southern Tyrol. I am not sure when. The bumper was the feature that made me think Italian,plus the venue helped. Is it possible that the logo on the nose is Alfa-Romeo? I know that the Touring studio turned out some spectacular creations for Alfa. At least we know that it was not a common car, even then!
                        Cheers,
                        Kerry.

Comment

Sorry, here is the "wide" shot, you clearly recognised that I had zoomed and cropped the image, but I am equally interested in the other car or cars.
                          Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

New information is a tremendous help.

Generally in the Italian theatre, you see only German and Italian cars up to the Italian surrender. No French, no East European and no British or Benelux cars.
                            Just German and Italian ones. Also very helpful is the full panorama view.

I am just off to the Doctor for a "Pre Surgery Physical Exam" that I have to have before having Cataract Surgery on my eyes in about two weeks. Maybe that will fix my vision problems, at least I hope so.

I will be back home in a few hours and will take up the search then.

Cheers
                            Bill

Comment

Steve Ballantyne, thank you for the suggestion, I too thought it a possibility, but I "Googled" all I could on Lincolns and came up blank. Hopefully there is an answer out there.
                              Thanks again,
                              Kerry

Comment

Hi Kerry:

OK, I will pick at this question a little bit at a time.
                                I believe the second car is quite possibly a 1939 Fiat 1100.
                                Please see my photo and look at the cooling louvers in the side of the motor hood for comparison.
                                Your photo is not exactly the same model as mine, but variations did exist.

Cheers
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X